Another Chance

Molly POV

   Ironically, ever since Cali and Cody decided to sneak out and risk their lives and our new home (like being followed) for Echos drawings. Things started to lighten up.

I was upset at first, mostly because when they came up to me the next day, Cali decided to tell me someone left somthing at our door step like it was an orphan; whatever that means. Cody shook his head.

I stopped being upset when I suddenly realized Cali is coping with humour, Cody is was confused and angry but had to hide it from Olli. They needed to do this because they knew they had to go on and I respected that.

Like I said thing(s) brightened up.We started going on runs. We started making the place more secure. Started some crops. Had a bullet proof watch tower thanks to the metal roofing we found.

We made the walls taller and the walls in the back even higher then the rest. For obvious reasons.

About half a mile east is a good sized creek we been getting water from. Eventually we plan to get enough hoses to get a filter set into it. That'll be awhile though.

We gained back more than what we lost...Almost.

We all made ourselves at home but It still felt like Echo was missing from us.However, we knew she did this so we can have a  life.

Not only did she save us from a plan fuled by 70% fear and 30% logic. But she also saved us from what you can't come back from.

Something unfortunate: Pop had hurt his leg when loading the bricks and cement into the van on a run. A brick slipped, bruised and scraped his leg up pretty bad. But now he's recovering just fine thanks to Marty.

He usually took Cody with him to get water. To let Cody hunt. He said it's killing two birds with one stone. But I know he is trying to keep Cody some company. He doesn't talk to us too much, which is normal but now we need to stick together and be there for each other.

He talks to Cali but they usually just nag at each other. Cali just enjoys picking on Cody and Caden because they constantly have a poker face and I think she sees that as a challenge. she's always liked annoying serious people, even if they were professors.

She once told our phycolagy Professor, "for someone who talks about emotions and responses all the time you act a lot like an npc." I didn't even know what that meant until she explained what it was to me later.

A non- player character. There's some grey area there for me still but I don't want her to go on a rant explaining it to me.

   Today I was going with Cody so my Pop can rest. I was currently waiting for him at the gate leaned up against the wall pushing around dirt with the tip of my boot.

"Why are you so deep in thought right now?" Cali asked from the guard tower making me jump slightly an out my hands on my chest.

I looked up, "Cali, you scared me."

"You were staring into the abyss I was just wondering what you were thinking about." she shrugged.

"Everything," I chuckled.

"Ahh I see," she nodded. I shook my head at her with a smile. "What are you doing by the way, are you planning on going on a run or somthi--Oh wait you're going to get water because Lincoln- yeah my bad. Can I come with?" She said quickly.

I don't think she realizes how fast she talks sometimes but it's one of the things I find enjoyable about her.

"Sure, Cody's comin with."