Chapter 25 - Thinking About You

When Ms Hudson heard that the person who had arrived needed to speak to her about Martha, she looked around in a panicked state, hoping that Ethan heard nothing. It was at that moment that she decided to speak to whoever was outside.

As soon as she walked in from outside, Ms Hudson looked at her from head to toe and could only see a low-class woman. "What are you doing here?"

"They already told you that I'm here to talk about Martha. My name is Helena, her childhood best friend and judging by the look on your face, you know what this is about."

Ms Hudson looked around once again, hoping Ethan was nowhere near them. She then walked ahead of Helena to the study as she whispered to her with hostility that they could only speak in private.

Once they were inside the study and she locked the door, Ms Hudson crossed her arms and tapped her foot. "Start talking," she said.

"Isn't it fascinating how time goes by so quickly?" asked Helena with a chuckle. "He's all grown up now."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Ms Hudson shrugged.

"Of course you do. Just look at your state right now. You know who Martha is. You still have the letter, right?"

"What?" Ms Hudson's eyes grew wide with panic.

"Just so you know, I wrote that letter that was found in the basket all those years ago when I left Ethan at the door of the orphanage."

Ms Hudson then drew in a long breath and narrowed her eyes. "What do you want?"

"I'd like to conduct a DNA test between Ethan and Martha. Once it's proven that she's his biological mother, he can get to know her."

"I'm the only mother he has, the only one he'll ever know and the only one who will ever be in his life. Now get out!"

"I only requested that we start with a DNA test and you're already that far ahead of the situation? Alright then, I admit that you raised him but you're not his biological mother."

"Martha abandoned him."

"It was never her intention. It was all because of me. She has no fault in this."

"You think you can show up here and make demands?" Ms Hudson scoffed through her nervousness. "Do you know who you're talking to?"

"Of course," Helena calmly nodded.  "You're this powerful billionaire but in my eyes, you're just a woman who raised Ethan. You're not his biological mother."

When Helena mentioned the DNA test once again, Ms Hudson chuckled with disbelief and realized Helena might have been the one who had taken Martha to Ethan's house.

Helena admitted to it and sighed with disappointment as it didn't go as planned because of Martha's state and it was all too fast.

"That's why I'm doing things differently this time," she said. "I could've easily spoken to him in private but out of respect for you, I came to you first so we could come to an arrangement about the DNA test."

"No," said Ms Hudson in a harsh tone, placing a hand on her chest to control her temper. She then held onto the table so she could sit down. "I'll never allow it to happen because Martha is nothing to him."

Helena sighed, not surprised by Ms Hudson's resistance. She then took out her phone and showed Ms Hudson a current picture of Martha for her to notice the resemblance, only for Ms Hudson to scoff.

"She's just a skinny woman," she said.

"That's because she's been living on the streets for so many years.