Chapter 28 - Heartless

Helena was so horrified by Ms Hudson's reaction that she rose to her feet with furrowed eyebrows as her entire body trembled. She had never seen anyone celebrate such awful news.

"You're just unbelievable," said Helena.

"Hey, don't blame me for celebrating." Ms Hudson chuckled. "Don't you see this is fate? It's good news!"

Helena sighed with her head low. "It was foolish of me to believe that hearing about Martha's poor health would make you change your mind."

Ms Hudson got more comfortable as she excitedly cleared her throat to make a suggestion. "How about this, I'll pay you a specific amount of money every month until Martha dies. All you have to do is keep your mouth shut."

Helena breathed hard, shaken by Ms Hudson's suggestion. "You're just evil."

Ms Hudson leaned back in her seat as she rolled her eyes. "You just greatly improved my mood. My son disappointed me earlier when he disobeyed me but that's alright. I'll deal with him. He's my son after all and no one can change that. If you're not interested, get out."

Helena chuckled with disbelief. "No matter what, I'll make sure to get that DNA test."

"I warned you last time." Ms Hudson glared. "I'll send you to your grave if you dare."

"Then do it! My last mission in this life is to reunite the two of them. Since I have nothing more to say to you. I'll leave."

"To check if Martha's still alive?" Ms Hudson cackled.

Seeing how Ms Hudson only found amusement in Martha's poor health, Helena regretted going to her.

When Helena headed to the door, she stopped in her tracks when Ms Hudson asked her to stop.

"I'm glad Martha's dying, but I want to know if she's really Ethan's biological mother."

Helena furrowed her eyebrows at the sudden change. "But you s-"

"Do you want this or not?"

"I want this more than anything."

"Fine, but until the results are out, stay away from my son."

Helena rushed back to the table and rummaged through her bag. She then took out a comb with Martha's hair strands and placed it on the table. "I came prepared."

Ms Hudson scoffed, then took the comb with a poker face and told Helena the results would be ready in two days and she would give her a call.

Satisfied with Ms Hudson's decision, even if it was sudden, Helena nodded and left with hope that the truth would reflect in the DNA test results.

~

Natalie was back home with her father and he sat on the couch with her on the floor, still in her wedding dress but had taken off the jewelry.

She rested her head on his lap and there were a few of her friends present as they all tried to comfort her. Tears constantly trickled down her face as she complained about how she had worked so hard only for Ethan to leave her at the altar.

She also couldn't come to accept the fact that he had chosen to go to Olivia at that moment.

"It's all because he received that phone call," she said quietly.

She then came to a realization as she sat upright and said it all happened because of Olivia. With gritted teeth, she repeated it a second time as she got up but her father instantly got up as well and placed his hands on her shoulders and asked her to sit back down.