Chapter IV "Convinced"

(Y/n) POV:

A couple have day's went by and I haven't changed career, but that hasn't stopped Charlie from visiting my house almost every single day and trying to convince me to join, guess it doesn't help that Alastor gave her my number, so now everyday I wake up and walk with almost twenty five voicemails a day all with her trying to convince me to join the hotel.  One day I was just on another mission after some random imp and just got ready to take the shot until I suddenly heard a gun cock, I simply thought it was my imagination and took the shot and quickly left before anyone saw who did it.

"Got the guy, you better have the money," I said into an ear piece as the person responded "Don't worry, you know I'm good for it," "No I don't, which is why you better have it or your next," I said while making my way towards the meeting location until I heard a branch break behind me, but again ignored it.  I then finally arrived and saw a man wearing a brown robe and black hat as I walked towards him and stood in front of him "So?" I asked as he revealed a suit case and opened it to show the money as I grabbed a couple of stacks and checked them to see if they were real and luckily, they were.

"Guess you are a man of your word," I said while putting the money back and grabbing then closing the suit case "Not technically," he said as I quickly pulled out my revolver and shot an Imp that was about to stab me, only for three others to surround me "I'm guessing you didn't hire these guys?" I asked as the man shook his head 'Goddamnit Stella,' I then slowly put the suite case down and spun to see all the Imps.  "You guys just forgot one tiny detail," I said as the man just laughed "And what would that be?" he asked as I suddenly shot all three, leaving the man stunned "The reason people hire me, is because I'm the best in this business," I then walked towards the man as he tried to pull out his own gun, only for me to shot his hand and causing him to fall to his knees in pain.

"Who the fuck sent you?" I asked as the man remained silent as I knelt down and grabbed his collar "I'm not really a fan of people crossing me, so ether you tell me," I said while pointing my revolver to his forehead "Or I can give you a reminder," I said while slowly cocking my gun as he stayed silent "To bad I probably all ready knew," I said while chuckling and pulling the trigger.  I then proceeded to get up and walk away until I suddenly heard a gun shot ring out and my back felt a sudden jolt of pain "FUCK!" I yelled while quickly turning around and seeing an Imp that was still alive as I quickly shot him multiple times as he finally fell.

I then tried to walk away, but fell as I was too weak and the fact that their was a bullet in my back didn't help, I then thought quickly and grabbed my phone as I started dialing a number and waited while trying to keep myself from bleeding out and after some time "Hello?" I heard a feminine voice say as I took a sigh of relief.  "Hey Charlie, I need a favor," I said as Charlie responded "What is it?" "I need you to come pick me up, I'll send you the location, and fucking hurry," I said while hanging up and sending the location to her as I started trying to calm myself down and reloading my gun as I awaited her arrival.

~Short Time Skip~

I then heard foot steps come from behind me as I started mentally praying that it was Charlie and luckily it was "Wassup Charlie," I said while smiling as she gasped "What happened here!?!" she asked as I looked at her with a 'are you serious?' look "The fuck does it look like, now are you gonna help or let me bleed to death?" I asked as she quickly supported me and started walking me back to my house.

~Short Time Skip~

We finally arrived and Charlie made me lay on my stomach on the couch while she went into the bathroom and searched for a First aid kit "How did this happen?" I heard Charlie ask from the other room "Let's just say the business turned out to be a revenge plot," I said while taking a sigh of disappointment while Charlie walked back in and started treating the wound.  After some time the treatment was complete and I sat back up and tried to lean back but instantly regretted it "Fuck!" "Calm down, it needs time to fully heal," Charlie said as I just took a breath until I suddenly remembered something "FUCK!" "What's wrong?" I heard Charlie ask as I held my head in disappointment.