Chapter XIV "Sparks in Hell"

(Y/n) POV:

I was walking through hell, looking around for Charlie in every possible location she could be, yet I couldn't see her anywhere 'Where in the nine rings could that girl be?' I walked around a little more before seeing posters for the happy hotel all over the place, leading me to follow them around and down multiple streets. After a while, I turned a corner and saw Charlie putting up posters all over the place "...Why am I not surprised?" I asked myself while walking over to her "Yo! Charlie!" I called out, getting her attention as she turned to face me, immediately smiling and running up to me "(Y/n)!" she greeted.

I took a step back to prepare myself in case she tackled me, but wasn't prepared enough since even when the tackling took place, I was knocked to the ground immediately "You're alive!" she yelled happily "...Yep... you know I wouldn't die on you," I chuckled as the hugging got even tighter, making me blush a little. I attempted to pull her off a little, but failed "You know, just let me breathe when you're ready," I said, as she understood my plea and let go "Sorry... you're not injured, are you?" she asked with concern now present in her voice "Nope, perfectly fine, no new bullet wound in sight," I smiled while rolling up my sleeves to show her.

She smiled and helped me back to my feet "Well that's a first," she muttered "Well I had to stop bothering you with first aid," I shrugged while dusting myself off "I'm just glad you're okay..." she chuckled a little as a awkward silence then soon filled the air for a short time "...So uh... what you doing?" I asked, breaking the silence while looking at the posters.  She then suddenly brightened up and turned towards the posters "I'M GLAD YOU ASKED!" she yelled "Now I wish I didn't..." I whispered, having to cover my ears from how loud she was "I'm putting up posters to gather more people for the hotel!" she explained while, shoving a poster in my face.

I took the poster and inspected it, noticing how everyone was drawn on the poster, including me, although we all looked like we were drawn by a three year old "...You want my honest opinion?" I asked while looking up at her, a spark of excitement lighting in her pupils "What?!" she asked excitedly "...We need to hire an actual artist," I flat out said.  She took the poster from my hands and looked at it herself "I don't see the problem," she simply said "The problem is that a few terribly draw posters isn't gonna gather enough sinner to even consider the idea of redemption-," just before I finished my sentence, multiple sinners were starting to approach and read the posters.

I stood still for a second before face palming and giving a small sigh "You know what... fair enough," I muttered while walking away with Charlie walking beside me "Was there something you were gonna say?" she teased a little "Nope, that basically shut me up," I replied, making her laugh a little "But besides me being out here, what are you doing?" she asked, quickly changing the subject.  I gave a small shrug "Well ever since joining the hotel, I haven't really gotten to know any of you, and Cherri decided that that needed to change," I explained "Really? Well then let's head somewhere so we can chat then," she suggested.

I looked around the various places around us, most of them being where cannibals ate and drank "You know a good place around here?" I asked "Yup! Follow me!" she yelled happily while grabbing my hand and dragging me along side me, making me blush and smile a bit at her enthusiasm, but more or less just happy to talk to someone who doesn't want a bullet through my head.

~Time Skip~

"Here we are!" she exclaimed while showing a dinner that looks pretty chill, with only a few demons inside and didn't look to have a brawl every five seconds inside it "...Not bad for a place it hell," I admitted while walking inside; Charlie following close behind as we entered and were seated in a two person booth "Surprisingly kind service," I muttered while looking around.  We were handed our menu's and I looked inside to see that most of the food were actually genuine meals and not just cannibalistic kinds of dishes "What are you gonna order?" Charlie asked "I'm not really hungry, and I'd much rather just chat than stay around here for too long," I explained.