Chapter IX "Old Times"

(Y/n) POV:

We all got to the Hotel safety and sat down when Angel Dust walked "Cherri!?" he yelled out "Angie! How are you?" she said while walking over to him "Wait... you know each other?" I asked "Yup, we're besties," Cherri responded "So my friend is the friend of a person I hate, great," I said sarcastically before sitting down "Well you didn't exactly tell me that you knew each other as well," Angel replied.  I stretched a little while on the couch when Charlie sat next to me "So how your plan go?" she asked with a still cold tone "Bad news is that everyone I know has been paid to murder me," I said as her expression turned to one of worry "And the good news?" she asked hopefully "Good new is that I'm still alive," I responded.

I leaned back while trying to relax as I heard Cherri ask "So those guy's were people Lucifer sent to kill you?" "Yup, until you showed up and saved my ass," I responded "How many assassins do you think are after you?" Charlie asked as I began thinking "Probably every demon in hell if possible, and every man I know," I said in disappointment. A moment of silence followed when Vaggie suddenly said "If that's the case then doesn't that mean your friend could be one?" "Vaggie wait," Charlie said defensively "If I was, then why would I save (Y/n)?" Cherri asked "To gain trust and kill him in his sleep," Vaggie responded "Cherri would never," Angel said.

They started to argue while I tried to block out their comments until I started to get annoyed "Will everyone calm themselves for one fucking moment," I complained "Easy for you to say, how do you know she isn't here to destroy the hotel?" Vaggie asked "Because Lucifer doesn't like to waste time, if she was gonna kill me, she would have done it by now," I responded.  We all fell silent after my reasoning when Cherri spoke "I'm not working for Lucifer... but he did try to hire me," "...Cherri, you just ruined my whole argument with one sentence," I said while sighing in annoyance.

Vaggie was about to argue again, but was quickly interrupted by Cherri's explanation "He 'tried' to hire me, but I denied his offer," "How do we know that you did accept and are just lying to us?" Vaggie asked "Because those kinds of assassins are after me too," Cherri responded "Like... all the same type as the one's after me?" I asked in concern as she nodded. "Anyone who wants to go against Lucifer is killed off by him, that's why you have so many after you, the one's that denied him are already dead," Cherri explained while I started thinking "What is it?" Cherri asked "Hear me out... what if we hire an assassin on him?" I asked while everyone fell silent.

The first one to speak up was Charlie "Wait, my dad may want you dead and for me to fail, but he's still my dad!" she protested "With all do respect Charlie... your dad's an asshole," I simply said "(Y/n)... even if we did hire someone, who would actually be brave enough to go for the kill?" Cherri asked "Someone who hasn't met Lucifer and isn't scared of him at all," I said while smirking. "So no one?" Vaggie asked "I know a guy-," "Haven't we been down this route before?" Charlie asked "If you would let me finish!" I yelled in frustration "I know a guy... that Lucifer can't even meet to offer a deal," I said while looking around for approval.

"We're not following," Angel said "He live's in Wrath and is considered one of the best assassins in his entire ring, and Lucifer can't meet him because all sinners; which would include him, are bound and stuck to this ring," I explained "And whose this guy again?" Vaggie asked "His name's Striker, and he's kinda a big deal in his ring," I responded. I looked around once again as Vaggie then asked "But aren't all sinners bound to this ring?" "Yea and?" I asked "How are you gonna meet with him?" Cherri asked "Being able to cross between heaven and hell requires a lot of energy, and if I apply that same energy towards the rings...," I said while waiting for someone to finish my sentence.