Duel

Aemond knocked on Daenera's door and waited for her to open. As soon as she opened the door, he stood tall.

"My prince." She said with a smile.

His heart raced as he held out a small, intricately wrapped package. "I wanted to give you something," he said, his eye fixed on hers.

Daenera looked up at him, her own heart skipping a beat at the sight of the nervous expression on his handsome face. "What is it?" she asked, her voice soft and gentle.

"It's...well, it's a gift," Aemond replied. "I hope you like it."

Daenera took the package from his outstretched hands, her fingers brushing against his as she did so. She could feel the warmth of his touch radiating through her, and for a moment, she forgot all about the gift. She looked down at the package in her hands, admiring the intricate wrapping.

"Open it," Aemond urged, his eyes fixed on her face.

Daenera nodded and carefully began to unwrap the package. As she peeled away the layers of paper, she felt her heart racing with anticipation. What could it be? A piece of jewelry? A book? She had no idea, but the excitement was almost too much to bear.

Finally, she reached the last layer of wrapping, and a small velvet box was revealed. She lifted the lid and gasped in surprise as she saw what was inside.

"Oh, Aemond," she breathed, her eyes welling up with tears. "It's beautiful."

Inside the box was a delicate necklace, with a pendant in the shape of a wolf. It was Shira. The wolf was made of Valyrian steel, and its eyes were set with tiny diamonds that sparkled in the light. Daenera lifted the necklace out of the box, holding it up so that it caught the light.

"It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen," she said, turning to Aemond with a smile.

"I'm glad you like it," Aemond said, his own smile growing wider. "I wanted to give you something that was as beautiful as you are."

Daenera felt her heart swell with affection for him, and she stepped closer, placing a gentle kiss on his lips. "Thank you," she whispered, and Aemond took her in his arms, holding her close as they shared a moment of pure, unbridled love.

"I will be in the training yard. You should come by later." He said.

"I would be delighted, my prince." Daenera accepted.

Aemond headed down to the courtyard to train but saw Maegor and Jacaerys there. He then overhears Maegor telling Jace of a moment he had with Daenera.

Aemond had grown tired of the constant tension between himself and Maegor over their mutual affections for Daenera. He had tried to deny his feelings, but the more he tried to push them away, the stronger they became. And so, he made a decision that would change everything.

"Maegor," he said, his voice steady. "I challenge you to a duel."

Maegor looked at him in surprise. "A duel? What for?"

"For Daenera," Aemond replied, his eye blazing. "I can not stand by and watch as you court the woman I love. I demand satisfaction."

Maegor's face darkened. "You have no right to challenge me to a duel," he spat. "You know that our families forbid such things."

Aemond's fists clenched at his sides. "If I must fight for her, then I will." He said with a smirk.

Maegor hesitated for a moment before speaking. "Very well," he said finally. "I accept your challenge. But you should know that if you lose, then you leave her alone."

Aemond nodded, his determination unwavering. "I understand the consequences," he said.

And so, the two men prepared for the duel, their families and friends gathered.

Alicent stood before her son Aemond, her heart racing with fear and anticipation. She had heard the rumors that he challenged Maegor to a duel, and she knew that she had to do everything in her power to stop him.

"Aemond, please," she begged, her voice shaking with emotion. "You can't do this. You can't challenge Maegor to a duel. It's too dangerous."

Aemond looked at her with a mixture of anger and frustration. "Mother, I have to do this," he said, his voice firm.

"Aemond, think about what you're doing," Alicent pleaded. "Maegor is a skilled fighter, and he won't hesitate to kill you if he gets the chance."

"I know that," Aemond replied, his eye flashing with determination. "But I can't stand by and let him take her from me."

"But at what cost?" Alicent asked, her voice rising with desperation. "Do you really want to risk your life over a woman? Think about all the people who love you, Aemond. Think about me, your brother, your sisters. We can't bear to lose you."

Aemond's expression softened, and he took his mother's hand in his. "I know you're worried, Mother," he said, his voice gentle. "But I have to do this. I have to do this for her."

Alicent looked up at him, tears streaming down her face. "Please, Aemond," she whispered. "Don't do this. Don't throw your life away over a senseless feud."

Aemond hesitated, his eye searching his mother's face for a moment. Then, with a heavy sigh, he released her hand and turned away. "I'm sorry, Mother," he said, his voice filled with regret. "But I have to go through with this."

Alicent watched him go, her heart heavy with sadness and fear. She knew that she couldn't stop him, but she prayed that somehow, he would come out of the duel alive and unharmed.

He adjusted the straps on his armor and took a deep breath, trying to steel himself for what was to come. As he looked to the side, he saw his Daenera standing at the edge of the courtyard watching him.

"Daenera," Aemond said, approaching her. "I could use your help." He said with a mischievous grin.

"Of course, my prince," Daenera replied. "What do you need?"

"I need your favor," Aemond said. "Something to carry with me into the duel. Something to remind me of who I'm fighting for."

Daenera smiled, understanding the importance of such a gesture. She took a ribbon from her dress and carefully tied it around Aemond's arm. "Take this," she said. "May it bring you strength and courage."

She was worried for both Maegor and Aemond, but she had no idea what this fight was even about.

Aemond looked at the ribbon and smiled. "Thank you," he said. "I'll wear it with pride."

He turned to face Maegor, who was now approaching him. As the two men took their places, Aemond felt a surge of confidence. He knew that he was fighting not just for himself but for Daenera. And with her favor tied around his arm, he felt a connection to something greater than himself.

(Who do you guys think will win?🤔🤔🤔)