Part 28

kaycei pov

i wake up and all i could think about was the night before . i feel like everything couldve went so differently but i couldnt change it so i just had to accept it .

i got out of bed checking kayden . i seen that he was awake and just babbling so i picked him up and grabbed his things to change his diaper . after he was fresh and changed i laid him back down , giving him his morning bottle .

when i got him out the way i decided to get in the shower , so i went and grabbed my underwear and since i didnt plan on going anywhere i grabbed some sweats and a graphic t shirt and laid it out on the bed for when i got out .

i stepped into the shower rinsed my body before washing up . after about 30 minutes of washing up and singing , i got out , grabbing my towel and drying off . when i was done i got dressed and flopped on my bed , grabbing my phone .

"damn where the fuck my airpods go ?" i said to myself , standing back up . i turned and opened my night stand drawer , seeing my airpods and a white card under it . i grabbed both to see what the white card was , flipping it , it read "Mason Mitchell's Law Firm" .

i grabbed my phone , calling the number on it . it rung a couple times before a lady with a soft voice answered . " hello Mitchell's law firm how may i help ?"

"um ... hi im looking for the lawyer of Keyshawn Jackson " i said not knowing what to say . "okay one moment please let me look the name up ... you said keyshawn jackson ?"

"yes"

"how do uu spell the first name?"

"k-e-y-s-h-a-w-n"

"thank you ... oh here it looks like mr mitchell himself is on this case . would uu like to speak to him ?"

"yes maam , please ."

"okay one moment im going to forward you up to him ."

"okay thank uu "

"no problem" she said before putting me on hold . some music started playing through the line and i waited until someone answered .

a few seconds later a man , im assuming to be Mason Mitchell answered . "hello ?"

"uhh hi is this mason mitchell ?"

"yes maam may i ask whos wondering ?"

"oh sorry my name is kaycei and i heard from shawn and the assistant lady that uu were his lawyer .. what is he in for ?"

"ohh so youre the famous kaycei ive heard about ! nice to finally speak to uu , dont worry ive gotten everything under control"

"why is he in there ? when will he be home ?"

"lets talk more in person . are uu busy ?"

"no i can make it to talk ."

"do uu know the address to my firm ?"

"yea i have a card shawn gave me ."

"alrighty then just give them your name at the front desk and theyll send uu on youre way ."

"alright see uu soon ."

"alrighty" he said before i hung up . i put my phone down getting kayden's carrier ready . after , i buckled him in and gathered my thing , putting them in my purse . i picked up his carrier and headed downstairs , and out to my car , locking the door .

i put him in the backseat and got in the front , putting on the directions to the law firm . "turn right out of the driveway ." siri spoke over the speakers as i backed out . i did as told and turned right , heading to the lawyers office .

when i arrived , i got kayden out and walked into the building . walking up to the desk , i wait in line as this lady tries to get in contact with a lawyer .

"well i need him here asap . ive been calling up here and his office and no one's been answering my calls ! where is he ??" the lady yells . "maam im sorry but he is busy working on another case at the moment youre going to have to go ."

the lady scoffs and storms off still mumbling under her breath . "hi how may i help you today ?"

"um hi im kaycei here to speak to mason ."

"here ya go ms.jackson , go down the hall to the elevators and go to the 3rd floor , when uu get off the elevator it will lead you straight into his office . " she said giving me a tag . i put it on and make my way to the elevators , hopping on .

when i made it upstairs he greeted me with a warm welcome and pointed to a chair i could sit in . i sat down , puttin kayden's carseat on the floor .

"so whats going on with keyshawn ? i heard he was in for murder ." i asked getting straight to the point .

"no maam he is in for a couple drug charges and a unregistered gun . but ive been working with him and he will be alright ."

"when will he be home ??"

"im not supposed to tell uu but uu seem so worried so ... he'll be home sometime tomorrow ."

my eyes widened at what he said but i was so happy to hear that . finally he could be here and see his baby . hopefully he doesnt go back .

"really ??"

"yes maam . would uu like to come with me to get him out tomorrow ?" he asked , sorting papers on his desk .

"yes of course !" i said smiling , excited asf .

"i will call uu soon to let you know what time he's getting released . i have to fill out some paperwork and turn it in as soon as uu leave , for him ."

"alright well see uu soon and thank uu so much for everything ." i said walking to the elevator getting on . when i left i stopped to get breakfast and went home . when i got home i called laila and filled her in on everything .

"yes bitch my man comin homeee" i said sticking out my tongue , on facetime with her .

"ho what uu do to my frien monti ?"

"ian do nothing i just told him thay we couldnt work out especially with my bd comin home ."

"damn well he a li depressed or whateva . he havent been coming to the shoots today and last night and just missin money ." she said while eating something .

"im fin to call him over or sum so we could talk more ."

"igh im finna clean up a li bit then go to this meet n greet ."

"alright have fun i love uu pooh ."

"i love uu too ."

after she hung up i facetimed monti . it rung for forever but he finally picked up .

"yo" he said inna raspy voice . he sounded so .. weird .. idk .

"hey i was just callin to check on uu .." i started off saying .

"im coolin ."

"i heard that youre not though . uu been missin money ?"

"why ? it aint yours so why trip ?"

"monti cmon now .. i dont want uu to be like this ."

"man whatever . i missed 2 shoots and all of a sudden im missin money ."

"monti i didnt mean to hurt uu i just didnt wanna stir up drama between uu and my babydaddy ."

"and i appreciate it ."

"uu such a bad liar ."

"nah i really do appreciate it but i feel like uu couldve told me sooner . uu kept lettin me kiss and rub up on uu like uu was about to give me a chance then just did me like that at dinner ."

"im sorry monti ... "

"its all good ... im finna go tho imma hit chu later ."

"alright" was all i said before he hung up on me . i sighed and tossed my phone across the bed , grabbing kayden to cuddle him . i do not like where this is going at all ...

THANKS FOR 30K YOU GUYSSS🥰🥰🥰IM SO HAPPY YAAL FRL KEEP READING☕️☕️☕️