The princess and the knight

Im pacing the floor in my room. Eliza is 40 minutes late and my parents are about to get back home and I was suppose to leave before they came back so I wouldn't get caught. I'm wearing a white t-shirt and jeans, my hair is up in a ponytail. Ruthy insisted that I put on makeup, so I did, and I don't feel so comfortable, but I know I look maybe a little better than usual. Briha is out with Joz. He came to dinner last night, and he's ok, I don't especially like him. He's narcissistic like Briha, so I guess they're a good match. Ulysses is ok with him, but I know London doesn't like him. The two of them and Ruthy are here, and they want to meet Eliza, even if it's just for a second. The boys can't wait for her to talk tech and explain how her motorbikes work and stuff. I actually just want to kiss and hug and cuddle and tickle her. I just want to be with her. I haven't seen her since monday. We talk on the phone every night, but she couldn't come by this week. First, my parents had me on close watch, and also there was some kind of big emergency at the bright center with the incubators and she had to work for two days and three night in a row. Apparently they lost a baby because some scientist decided to experiment on the little thing and tried to make it a superhuman or some shit. He screwed with the fluids and the temperature of the incubator and it kinda exploded, damaging other incubators close to it. She had to fix all of them, check the others, and make a new one to replace the one that exploded. The scientist, of course, got fired and send to jail. Experimenting alone on unborn citizens is illegal. I hear the sound of her bike in the street and I run out of my room. In the living room, my two brothers and Ruthy have their noses in the window, looking at my girlfriend. She stops the engine and take off her helmet, flipping her hair over her shoulder. I know she loves to do that, and I love it too. I hear Ulysses say "damn!" before London hit him in the stomach. I realize she doesn't have the same bike as usual. The old one was metallic blue, this one is dark black and look even more complicated. She walks up to the front door and I swing the door open before she can knock. I throw my arms around her neck, hugging her so tight she almost fall backwards.

-Hi, she says laughing.

-Hi.

I let go of her, giving her a kick kiss on the cheek. My siblings suddenly appear right beside us. My two brothers are looking like they are meeting the president or something.

-Hello, says Ulysses with a super excited voice. I'm Ulysses. I really like you bike! Did you make it yourself? Is this model in store? Can I try it? What's the technology you used for the engine, is it like the X03 model?

Eliza is laughing now.

-Ulysses calm down, Ruthy says. Hi, I'm...

-Ruthy, Eliza finishes. I know. And you're London.

London nods with a smile.

-To answer your questions, yes I made it myself, no it's not in store and wont ever be, it's a personal model and it's way to expensive to produce in mass, you can't try that one because it's personally made for me, which is why we can't sell it, but I have another one you you can try if you want. And no, it's not the same tech, the X03 only had distance recognition of sensor, and the sensor was in the wrist bracelet, so everybody could use it. This one has DNA recognition, so I'm the only one who can power it.

-Wow...Ulysses says.

Eliza laugh. Then she turn to me.

-I'm so sorry I'm late, it was my first try with it today and it broke down when I was halfway. Had to stop and fixed it. I'm so sorry.

-It's ok, but we should go because my parents are about to get back.

-Too late, London says while looking out the window.

-Shit! I say. What do we do?

Ruthy grabs my arms and Eliza's.

-Ulysses, she tells him, keep them busy! Be annoying! London, find an excuse for the motorcycle. Chances are they wont think it's hers if you have a good excuse.

She drags us both to her bedroom. She opens the window.

-Ok, I've done this before. You put you hands on the edge right here, swing yourself over and you'll see theres a place for your feet. From there you can jump.

-You've done this before? I ask, kinda impress.

-You're not the only rebel in the family. Come on, it takes a few minutes.

-Will it break? I ask.

-No, Eliza says looking at the structure.

We hear the front door open. She does exactly what Ruthy said, hands on the edge, swing, feet, then jump. I can hear Ulysses and London talking to my parents, Ulysses being a pain in the ass and London taking is sweet time explaining that some guy with tattoos parked there and left.

-You can go Rio, Eliza says.

I put my hands on the edge of the window, swinging myself over, but before I can put my feet anywhere my hands slip and I fall. I close my eyes before I hit the floor, but then I feel hers arms around me.

-Woo there, she says catching me. I didn't know you liked the princess and the knight thing.

-Thanks, I say while she puts me on the floor.

I pull her to me, kissing her.

-Ok guys, Ruthy says from above. I know you like each other and stuff but could you please do that somewhere else, you're kinda out of time!

I take Eliza's hand and we run to her bike. We don't put our helmets, we just jump on and she rolls away. I laugh, the wind making my hair fly behind me. I feel like a fugitive! I wrap my arms around her, resting my head on her shoulder. She squeezes my leg with one hand and then put it back on the handlebar. It starts raining and really soon we are both drench and cold. I hold her tight to keep warm while she drives around like a pro. When she parks in front of a cute red house, we are both shivering like crazy. She puts one arm around my waist, walking toward the front door. When she opens it, I hear two little feet running toward us. A tiny blonde girl appears and wraps her arms around my girlfriend middle.

-Eliza! she sings with a big smile.

-Hi monkey! Eliza says.