Chapter 3

Zayyad on the other hand quickly left Noor's home and starts to make his way to their gangs usual hangout, a storey building like all the other houses around, a place where he stays with his friends that he considers as brothers now. That's the place he calls 'home' whenever he's in Kano. Even though whatever brings him to Kano monthly is purely business purpose, to mange his father's business here, it's a purpose that even his other area gang members don't know about.

He walked in long strides and reached home feeling very uncomfortable in his torn cloth, due to the riots, not only his cloth but even the others clothes got torn. He opened the door of the gate and entered inside the large  sized house that five of them comfortably live in .

When Zayyad reached the living room, he saw Kabir sitting on the couch as he examine his dagger with his fingers .
Tahir, Adam and Irfan were sitting on the single chairs in the living room, all of them have changed into a fresher and cleaner cloth apart from Zayyad.

"I really thought you were in your room ...where were you ?" Irfan asked, he repairs his position from lying down to sitting down.

"He went to give that girl her stuffs." Adam replied even before Zayyad could open his mouth to reply.

Zayyad sat down beside Kabir on the couch wanting to answer them first before changing into a fresher cloth.

"Seriously? I mean what's the need to take her stuffs to her ?" Kabir asked not really hoping for Zayyad to reply him knowing how sarcastic Zayyad's replies are.

"You don't like her , Do you ?" Irfan asked after a short moment of silence between the boys .

"No, he definitely just did that out of some little humanity that only him has between us ' Tahir finally spoke.

"Which humanity from someone whose heart shade is black ?" Irfan asked sarcastically.

"But she was not the only girl that dropped some stuffs but it was only her that he took stuffs to." Adam said, he shifted his heads to take a glance at Zayyad who is uninterestingly listening to them.

"Whatever, he definitely doesn't like her , Right ?" Kabir asked as he turns to face Zayyad.

"You guys ! His heart shade is black remember? He can't love." Irfan said quickly ending the topic.

Zayyad got up and walked to the stairs to change his torn black top and trouser. Staying around people is something he hates to do.

The hallway upstairs was dark yet Zayyad didn't care to switch on the corridor light, he likes his things to be dark just like his heart. He opened his room's door and locked it after he has entered in.

________________________________
Noor has just finished praying, she went downstairs mainly to watch and that's when she heard yet another knock on the door. She just hoped that Zayyad is not back to give her any other thing again since she'll not like her family getting suspicious to think there's a chemistry going on between them.

Even though Nooriya knows that the Zayyad is very undeniably attractive with his mesmerizing brown eyes and deep dimples but his behavior is just strange to her.

Nooriya turned the door knob and opened the door, she was not surprised to see Mahir, Bilal and Isma'il, her brother's friends .

She released a low hiss because she knows now the house will be noisy now as they never ever seem to behave calmly or even speak lowly. It's just not in their dictionary.

"Ya Munir ! Your chicks are here!" Noor shouted loud enough for Munir to hear.

Munir came to the parlor almost immediately and said in a low voice   "At least I've some chicks so I'm not the lonely hen." That's the reply he always give her when she said that.

Nooriya turned off the television because even if she turn it on, the noise from Mahir's deep voice wouldn't allow her to hear the sound from the television. Bilal's  soft voice can be bearable, likewise Isma'il's voice but that's not the case when it comes to Mahir's own.

Noor decided to say 'Hi ' to then before going upstairs. 

"Hello Isma'il !" Noor greeted with a short wave at the same time, Isma'il smiled back showing his deep dimples and also greeted her.

"Hey Bilal !" She greeted, Bilal also smiled, that's what Noor like the most about him, his smile is not a normal one like his brother, Isma'il's own, his smile is like the sight of a cute puppy smiling .

"Hello Mahir!" Noor greeted and instead of receiving a cute smile like Bilal's own or a dimple smile like Isma'il's own she received a frown in response.

"I'm saying hi ." She repeated again thinking maybe he didn't hear her at first. Little did she know that he actually heard her.

"Well, hold your hi, I don't need it." Mahir replied childishly.

"What did I do now ?" Nooriya asked as she raised her hand above her head.

'Three of us are here but I'm the last person you're taking to." Mahir answered

Noor scoffed at his reply , not only because it's stupid but because it sounds childish .Mahir is always this childish and unserious .

"Then why did Bilal not complain, I mean I didn't talk to him first." She replied giving an eye roll that went perfectly to the right person's vision.

"That's simply because you didn't greet him last either." Mahir replied.

Noor rolled her eyes and said "Watch and see if I'll ever hi you again."

She quickly went upstairs not wanting to hear more of his childish replies.

'It's always a drama with Mahir ' She thought remembering how they're always having little arguments since when they were kids, when Mahir comes over to Munir's place then an unnecessary argument must pop up between Jim's don Nooriya.

_____
Vote
Comment
Share