Chapter 21

"Say yours first " Noor replied already feeling eager to hear what he has to say .

" I don't know what you did to me but I think I've fallen for you and I can't get up. " Zayyad uttered not knowing how to put his words .
Noor chuckled lightly , a low chuckle that even she , couldn't understand the meaning .

"I didn't know how it happened, let's just say I mistakenly fall " Zayyad said and chuckled  lightly together with Noor .
Noor chuckled even more as she listen to his words , it's obvious from his facial expression that he's finding it hard to say all this . Who could have thought that Zayyad will be saying all this .

  "If I make it alive out of here , then I promise to look for your hand in marriage . " Zayyad said to Noor who still didn't reply him, she doesn't think she deserve to spend her lifetime with such a beautiful hearted man who looks tough on the outside but is actually soft inside .

Noor pressured him to sleep and walked out of the room after he has slept.
As Noor opened the door , she saw Fatima directly outside the door with her ear glued to the transparent window  .

"I'm . . sorry , I guess I wasn't meant to hear that " Fatima said not sounding sorry at all .
Noor sighed and sat back down on the chair outside the room beside Abba .

"You girls should go home , I'll stay here with Zayyad " Abba said to the girls that didn't sound okay with the idea yet they didn't argue but quietly made their way outside the hospital .

  They went back home using a hired cab and paid the driver when they reached .The two of them made their way into the house to the living room .

  Fatima and Noor were sitting on the comfy couch in the living room .

   "I just messaged Munir , I informed him about everything. " Fatima said to Noor who then nodded her head .

   "He said they'll all come tomorrow " Fatima said making Noor to smile at the thought of meeting her family again after a long period of time .

"I've always had my doubt " Fatima said making Noor completely confused.

"About ? " Noor asked .

"Your relationship with my brother " Fatima replied .

"Oh .  . . " Noor mumbled sounding too abashed  to speak .

"You know . . . Since when you came into this house , I've started seeing changes in Zayyad , and also you two were always together and . . . It's just so obvious and I wonder how Abba didn't notice it " Fatima uttered .

" I promised you that I'll change him and I guess I did just that but marrying Zayyad is just not . . . In my mind " Noor said to Fatima.

  "Noor , just say yes , moreover I don't think I can tolerate any  sister-in-law apart from you " Fatima said and wrapped her arms around Noor engulfing her into a  short hug .

" I'll accept , but I just pray he'll be fine , his health is what we should be talking about now ." Noor said .

"His future also matters . And you're his future." Fatima said after releasing Noor from the hug .

"I'm scared Fatima . . . What if he doesn't have a future? What if he dies of lungs failure . What if .." Noor said stammeringly .

"Nothing bad will happen Noor , just have faith in God and pray. Zayyad has a future and that future is with you in Sha Allah. " Fatima said to Noor assuringly.

Let's go to Bilkisu's house, we'll be bored if we stay in this house only the two of us " Fatima a suggested.

Noor agreed to go this time around , the thought of being in this big house only the two of them scares her .

___
Vote
Comment
Share

_H_O_V