Chapter 10

Noor bid 'goodbye' to her family and was already going into the blue hilux car .

"Make sure you call us when you reach there !"Munir said waving at his sister who's already seated at the back seat of the blue car.

Aminu started driving towards the airport and when they were passing Kabir's house, Noor noticed how Kabir was looking at her through the window as if this is going to be the last time she'll ever see him. She was surprised not to see Zayyad on the large bench with the rest like he usually does, and she even surprised herself when she felt a pang one her chest for not seeing him there.

They reached Aminu Kano International Airport and Noor got out of the car.
"I've already given you his number so when you reach Lagos, just call him and he'll send someone to pick you up.." Aminu said and Noor nodded.

"He's a very kind and good friend of mine, he'll respect you so don't worry." Aminu added and Noor nodded again.

Noor hugged her father before going inside the airport. It was a two hours flight and Noor was exhausted when she reached Murtala Muhammad International Airport in Lagos.

Noor dragged her two heavy boxes and stopped directly outside the Airport. Noor pulled out her phone from her bag and called the number her father gave her.

"Hello ?" Noor said questioningly.

"Salam, is this Nooriya ?" Tha man asked as if he was already  expecting her call and from his deep voice you could guess that he is in his mid forties just like Aminu.

"Yes, it's Nooriya Aminu . I just reached here ."Noor replied feeling sort of awkward.

"Alright, I'll send my son to pick you up now . Is that okay ? Or should I send my daughter ?"The man asked trying to make her choose by herself aka a she'll be comfortable with who ever arrives.

"Anyone sir."Noor answered and the man replied.   "alright I'll send him now ."

Noor already guessed that he's sending his son because of the 'him' he used in his sentence.
Noor sat down and was waiting for his son . She waited for minutes and then saw a white car coming towards her.

The car stopped directly in front of Noor and she got up as she walked towards it but was shocked to see the person coming out of the car.

"Zayyad!" Noor said when she saw the face of the guy she ran away from. Literally.

Zayyad was equally shocked, he closed the door of the car and called his father-Muhammad, on the phone .

"Abba , sorry .. but what's the name of the girl I'm suppose to bring ?" Zayyad asked through the phone using the usual name they call their father with.

Zayyad heard his father's reply but still asked "Abba are you sure ?" Due to the shock he's feeling. Now that she's here, all those strange feeling he was having in his heart will return and that'll mean a change, a change that he's scared for.

He tried to mask up his expression as he turned to Noor and asked " Is that all your boxes ?"

Noor nodded and so Zayyad helped her to put it in the booth of the car .

Noor walked around and sat on the passenger seat of the car, Zayyad started driving while Nooriya kept quiet trying to process the situation.

"Noor." Zayyad called which broke her out of her running thoughts.

"Yes." Noor answered.

"Don't tell anyone about it." Zayyad said in a warning tone trying his best not to meet her eyes as he drives along the road.

"About ?" Noor asked slightly confused .

"My life in Kano .." Zayyad replied knowing well that his life in Kano is twisted, from the fact that he doesn't give alot of concern to his father's business there rather spends his time to intimidate people as a thug.

"So your father doesn't know that you're a thug there ?" Noor asked putting more emphasis on the thug.

"Obviously..just don't tell him anything." Zayyad answered.

"I'll think about it .." Noor's reply made Zayyad to frown worriedly, he has realized that she's trying to take advantage of the situation.

Zayyad sighed and continued driving while Noor fell asleep in the car being supported by the cool natural breeze from the open window of the white car. She has to admit the sleep was sweeter than a cinnamon, Nooriya hates to admit that the nice, expensive and calming scents from Zayyad aided in making her sleep.

__________________
Vote
Comment
Share

_H_O_V