Chapter 4

The next day came so fast that Nooriya wished she could reverse the night so as to sleep longer but she just had to pull her tired body up. As usual, Nooriya got up from her bed quite early and dressed up in one of the green Abayas' she has not been wearing after bathing.
Nooriya prayed then gave a last touch of lipgloss on her lips and smiled satisfyingly at her reflection of a brown skinned girl in her early twenties in the mirror. Noor carried her dark green bag and headed out of the room .

She walked downstairs while randomly mumbling a prayer and quietly ate breakfasts with the rest of the family. She was expecting Munir to take her to University as usual but he claims to have other things to do.

"Ya Munir please, I don't want to trek there ." Noor pleaded even though it's not far at all, she has to ask him nicely as she doesn't have a car of herself yet.

"I've meetings plan with somebody by this time, sorry o !" Munir replied while scrolling through his phone nonchalantly.

Nooriya immediately thought of Fatima, her brother's girlfriend, maybe that's who he wants to meet up with. She has only met Fatima a few times when Munir shows up with her to pick Nooriya from school, he drops Fatima first before heading home with Nooriya. Something that Noor can say about Fatima is that she is 'Very beautiful and nice'.

"So now Fatima is more important than your sister ?" Noor questioned in no tone of seriousness.

"If you're annoyed then go and get someone for yourself too." Munir replied , he looked up from his phone and glanced at his sister's frowning face and then took his eyes back to his phone again.

"I definitely can't when I've a brother like you." Noor said and the glare she received made her to add 'a very nice brother like you '.

"If you don't take me the I'll snitch you to Mama and Baba , you know they still don't know you have a girlfriend." Noor blackmailed threateningly. This suddenly changed Munir's speech.

"Haba my wonderful sister ...You know what ? Let's do this ...just let me go now and then I promise I'll come to pick you ." Munir said wondering how lazy his sister is that she can't walk just this short distance to Bayero University Kano.

"Deal ?" Noor asked excitingly.

"Yeah...deal." He replied even though his facial expression says it all that 'he does not want to participate in this deal'.

Noor walked out of the house after talking to both her parents who as usual wished her 'good luck'.

Walking through the area's muddy ground , passing the bunch of boys that'll be whispering gossips about each and every girl passing and crossing the very busy road of the last junction. These are what irritates her the most but she just has to endure yet another round.

Noor greeeted the gateman, Ibro , and starts to walk away from the black colored gate of her house. She clutches her bag tightly when she almost reach the group of boys sitting outside the gate of a tall building.That's a very well known building in the New city area, that of some group of area boys'.

Nooriya starts to walk faster when she reached them when someone suddenly stood infront of her, she recognized him as Kabir, the first guy to stop her on the riots day which was yesterday.

But nonetheless, she still has no business with him so she shifted to her right so as to pass him but he also followed her actions managing to block her way once again.

Noor shifted to the left and he did the same, she was planning to remove her shoes and start running when he spoke.

"Guys ..is this not the girl that Zayyad took her stuffs to ?" Kabir asked the others including Zayyad who were all sitting on a large stool that's under the date's tree.

Irfan also got up and stood beside Kabir .
"She's the one , you guys come and see." Irfan said to the rest who all got up and surrounded Noor except for Zayyad that just stayed mute and kept looking.

"What's her name toh ?"  Tahir asked.

Adam frowned and replied  "I don't know ..ask her.

"Keh ! Your name ?" Irfan asked in an obvious harsh tone that's definitely not the normal friendly tones Nooriya is used to hearing at home.

Nooriya just kept quiet, her heart internally crying for help for  any possible person nearby.

"This bag looks expensive! Keh! Give me that bag." Kabir said for no reason in particular and put one hand on Irfan's shoulder.

Noor wonder what they'll be doing with other people's things when they have a big house like this, or do they do this just for fun ? Just to invoke fear ? Just to show dormancy ? Strange.

Noor tightened her grip on her favorite bag making it obvious that she won't give. She knows that they're not poor, then why act like they are poor, why act like thugs when they can use their beauty for modeling or something else. She could swear that they'll be among the best international models if they were to start modeling.

Kabir frowned and repeated "Give me that bag ." Kabir starts to grab the bag by force and Noor dragged it back.

"Kai ! You really have some guts , is it ?"  Kabir sarcastically asked.

"How dare you object Kabir!" ' Irfan who finds it like an abomination to object his cousin said and raises his hand to slap the poor Noor .

Noor closed her eyes ready to feel the pain on her cheek that never came. Noor opened her eyes and wondering why the slap didn't reach her cheek and the sight surprised her. The whole scene changed to what she never expected to see.

Zayyad had already gotten up from his spot, his hand wrapped around Irfan's neck while Irfan suffer for oxygen.

Kabir, Tahir and Adam moved to Zayyad's side trying to remove and top the scene but Zayyad's grip is too hard .

"Zayyad ! Leave him !" Kabir spoke bit Zayyad didn't move a finger.

"What are you doing ?! Do you want to kill him ! ?" Adam asked in a high tone.

Zayyad didn't release Irfan until when he heard her voice.

"Leave him ..please." Noor pleaded with teary eyes and it was only when he heard that familiarly voice that he seemed to snap out of his occupied anger as he instantly released Irfan who then fell down struggling for air.

"Calm down Zayyad,what's up with you mann ?" Tahir asked and slightly rubbed Zayyad's back just like Adam did.

Zayyad walked to Noor, picked up her bag for her and gave her. He then swiftly turned and entered inside the house not wanting to start feeling any stirring emotions which he wonder wether he'll ever feel considering his dark heart shades, he loudly banged the gate's door that seemed to shake the whole gate due to the force used.

Noor quickly walked away from the scene while Kabir eyed her from the back.

"I don't know why he has been acting strange because of this girl." Kabir said still eyeing Noor.

"It's definitely not love." Adam said.

"And it's not hate too." Tahir added.

Kabir sighed and asked "Then what is it ?"

Adam gave his usual smirk and answered "it's something else."

_________
Vote
Comment
Share