Chapter 9

Noor opened her eyes alarmingly trying to check her surroundings. She realized that she was lying down on her bed with a tall dark skinned woman in a white doctor's suit and a stethoscope around the woman's neck beside her. Noor turned her forehead and felt a bandage wrapped around her forehead .

"Ouch Ya Allah, Ya Allah. " Noor mumbled these chants under her breath calling out to God. She sat down on the bed after gaining a balance form her own body.

Zainab, Munir and Aminu were all seated on the large comfy couches in Nooriya's room as they all wait for her to wake up from her unconscious state. Zainab was the first to react after hearing Noor's voice.

"Noor !" Zainab screamed out and rushed to hug her daughter lovingly.

"Seriously Noor, stop associating yourself with those thugs, now see what they've done to you." Zainab said and released Noor from the bone cracking hug. Noor felt a pang in her chest when her mother said this in front of Aminu who will definitely it take it lightlyz

"Mama, I've told her this countless time before, but our precious girl here will never listen." Munir said coming to stand beside the bed.

"Which thugs ?" Aminu who has been in the dark all this while, asked and that's when Zainab and Munir regretted saying that in-front of Aminu that knows nothing about the area boys since he is usually not at home but rather always in the police station with the hope of maintaining peace in the new city area.

"Baba..I swear I wasn't associating myself with any of them ..they just bump into my way anytime they see me." Noor said trying to defend her innocent self.

"Noor ..some gangs have been disturbing you and this is the first time I'm hearing about it ..Noor..I'm your father for goodness sake .." Aminu said clearly showing his concern for his daughter.

"I'm sorry Baba ..I really wanted to tell you but you're always not at home ." Noor answered apologetically. Aminu has always been the busy type of father ,he's always having a call of duty

"It's okay ..I'll see what I can do to stop this ."Aminu replied and the place went quite because nobody knows what he's going to do now . He has to safeguard his daughter form these thugs as fast as possible.

That's how everyone later went to bed so tensed with what Aminu's decision will be .

The next day, Noor stayed at home due to her health condition. She was on the large couch in the parlor with Munir and Zainab beside her when Aminu joined them.

Noor and Munir greeted respectfully and their father answered them.

Noor and Munir stood up from the couch and sat on the next one to let Aminu sit with Zainab.

"I've thought about it throughout yesterday night and the best option is for you to leave Kano Noor." Aminu said and Noor's eyes bulged out, she didn't want to leave her hometown because of some goons.

"I'll take you to school in Lagos, I've a very good friend there so you can be staying in his house as you go to your new University." Aminu explained internally hoping this decision of his is actually the good one for his daughter.

Noor didn't reject her father's decision rather as the naive girl she is, she just asked
"when am I going Baba ?"

'Tomorrow will be good." Aminu replied and quickly went upstairs not wanting to change his mind. Is for your well-being he thought.

Nooriya noticed something very unusual, she actually saw a drop of tears sliding down Munir's cheek but he quickly cleaned it with his thumb. Seeing Munir crying is a sight to behold  as it does not usually happens. And now that it happened, Noor is obviously shocked.

"Munir .. Are you crying ?" Noor asked and the fact that he didn't reply her answered her question. Noor bursted into a mysterious laugh mainly due to how his facial expression looks like now.

Munir sniffled and said   "it's not funny .."

"I will be calling you everyday ." Noor said and Munir replied "promise ?"

"Of course!" Noor answered throwing her arms to hug Munir and her darling mother, she admire her family,  'admire ' is an understatement, she absolutely love her family.

________________
Vote
Comment
Share

_H_O_V