chapter 3

“Wha-what should we do now, hyung-ssi?

“If I knew what to do, would I still be standing around here?”

' it looks like the skinny guy is in state of shock.'

When he gave him this unconfident answer, the big guy shut up and quietly observed him.

Seeing that he didn’t speak anymore, despite his non-stop chattering since the starting point incident, it seemed like he decided to acknowledge his words.

“We don’t know exactly what this place is for now. We need to look around first.”

“Y-you want to go outside?”

“Not right now.”

“The-then you are saying that someday we will go outside?”

“I told you, not right now.”

We were in a hidden corner by a wall, which was hard to find in this maze.

I'm currently around 4 meters away from them, they are still under my sphere of influence, I still didn't deactivated my ability because I want to observe their behavior a little and gain insight about their personalities.

It was a little cramped for us to squeeze together in here, but it wasn’t so bad.

At least for now, it seemed like it could provide us with a minimum assurance of safety.

‘Water, food and weapons.’

We had those things, but I didn’t know if it was enough.

The question is, for how long will we have to endure being here?

And is it really safe here?

I had a lot to think about.

“I never thought something like this could happen…”

“You saw the status window and the monsters. It’s not an illusion. It’s not a video game. It’s reality… but I also wish it were a dream.”

“Yeah…”

The situation we were facing was, in fact, reality.

Denying reality wouldn’t change anything.

“The-the main goal of this tutorial is survival, right? I-I think that strange woman said so… Then if we keep hiding here…”

“It’s not that simple.”

“What else could it be?”

“The problem is that we don’t know how long this will last for. We took some food and water, but it’s not enough for us to sit here for a week… And there’s no guarantee that this place is safe. Who knows where those monsters we saw earlier are hiding.”

“You think so?”

“Yes, I think so. And even if we leave the tutorial now… how do we survive afterwards?”

“W-what are you talking about?”

“I’m not absolutely sure about it, but after this tutorial, we’ll enter a place called the continent. I mean, this dungeon could be like heaven compared to that. There is no guarantee that the place we will end up in later will be safer than here. Simply hanging around here isn’t going to cut it for sure…”

He clamped his mouth shut, because he couldn’t deny the skinny guy words.

Of course, no one knew what would happen after this. But like that woman said, if we were really chosen to save the continent, it won’t end simply with us waiting the tutorial out.