chapter 8

POV Lee kiyoung

‘A [Commander]?’

This one line glowed blue, while the other three were white.

I guess it was because of the rare grade. For now, I began reading the class descriptions from top to bottom.

[Warrior (Common)]

A capable warrior fighting at the forefront of a battle is a must-have for every party. After changing to this class, you will gain basic knowledge on using all kinds of melee weapons such as swords, spears, axes and so on. Afterwards, you will be able to unlock other melee classes, such as [Barbarian], [Knight], [Paladin], [Cavalryman], [Mercenary] and more. Strength, vitality and endurance are increased by 1 point each.

[Archer (Common)]

An archer specialises in ranged attacks. After changing to this class, you will gain basic knowledge on using bows and arrows. In addition to being able to unlock adjacent class paths such as [Thief] and [Assassin], you will also have a chance to advance to a higher grade [Archer] class such as [Spirit Archer] or [Magic Archer]. Agility is increased by 3 points.

[Wizard (Common)]

A [Wizard] is a long range class with the ability to use magic. After changing to this class, you will gain basic knowledge on using magic. Later on, you can unlock other classes such as [Warlock], [Alchemist] or [Summoner]. Magic power is increased by 3 points.

The first three options didn’t look too bad.

Choosing [Warrior] would improve my three stats that were the most difficult to raise, while choosing [Archer] would allow me to learn how to use ranged weapons… For someone like me, who just wanted to chill at the back, it was a very appealing class.

Likewise for [Wizard]. It would boost my magic power, which was still an unknown factor for me.

However, what I was the most curious about, was the rare class that appeared, [Commander].

[Commander (Rare)]

This class has little to do with combat skills. Instead of participating in actual combat, a person with this class reads the situation of the battlefield and gives orders from behind. Changing to this class would provide a wider field of view. It’s not known what other classes you could unlock later. Intelligence is increased by 1 point.

Honestly, until I read the description, my mind was set on [Commander].

However, now that I had learned the pros and cons of all the classes available, I felt a headache incoming.

A [Commander’s] abilities weren’t that bad.

‘But what’s the point of having a wider field of view here?’

And it only increased my intelligence by 1 point.

When you take into account that all other classes offered me 3 extra points, I would lose out on 2 points.

And that wasn’t all.

‘What about my path of development for the future…?’

It was unsettling that there were no mentions of any possible class to be unlocked afterwards.

I then remembered that Kim Hyunsung’s class was also a common grade one, [Swordsman].

It was very possible that he had unlocked some other classes with a rare or even heroic grade.

However, as someone with the Sword Expert attribute, he set his sights on being a [Swordsman]. He probably tried to follow the path he already knew instead of trying something new with lower efficiency.