chapter 6

"shreiiik"

"Puff"

A monster body without head fell on the ground after releasing a scream before his death.

"It doesn't seem like there is a lot of monsters in this area, did they leave after killing everyone here?, Or did someone kill them?, Well, it's useless to think about this, it has nothing to do with me."

After leaving my hiding place, I headed toward the starting point in order to find a new weapons, I just hope that the other survivors didn't take them all.

After short journey, I arrived at my destination, but the scene here almost made even someone like me have the urge to puke.

The place was filled with blood, humans and monsters bodies were forming a hill from the shear numbers, the internal organs and the body parts of both the races were everywhere, this scene was the most gruesome thing I ever seen in my life.

After few seconds, my frown quickly relaxed.

"Well, this is the law of this place, the strong eat the weak, the quicker I adapt the better."

After a little sigh, I got rid of the only monster I found in this place, he was busy munching an arm, so he was easily delt with.

Unfortunately, the moment I slice the head of the monster, the sword broke down, but it's fine because it's accomplished his goal.

'Goodbye sword-kun, may your iron body rest in peace.'

After brief farewell to my dear sword, I quickly throw it away since it becomes useless.

Fortunately, there were plenty of weapons left here, I found a good sword with it's sheath.

Besides that I found a belt which can help me hold the sword.

I tore some clothes from the dead bodies on the ground in order to carry the daggers I will use since I couldn't find anything that could help me hold them.

I also found 8 bags of food which was a welcome suprise, but an unfortunate one since carrying them will only slow me down.

As I was complementing on how to deal with the food Dilmma, I heard a fighting noises from a far.

After few seconds of me thinking about the pros and cons of making contact with other people, I decided to head there.

There's nothing for me to lose, if they aware of the current situation, they shouldn't be hostile to me, and maybe they could be useful for my future plans after arriving at the continent.

But if they were malice, then I will have no choice other than.....

As I moved closer to the source of the noise, I noticed that it's a fight between a group of three men and several monsters.

Their cooperation may not be perfect, but it was enough to deal with this monsters, the guy with the shield was holding several monsters in place, the Swordsman and spearman were dealing with them from the sides.

They knew that the monsters were sensitive to sound, so to get their attention, the shield guy was hitting his shield with his sword.

The spear holder didn't seem to used wielding a spear, and his hands trembled.

As he stabbed a monster rushing at the shield guy, the spear fell out of my hands.

But then shield guy finished it with a slam of his shield.

The monsters seems to come in their way after they killed one of them, but it's looks like the Swordsman was quite capable as he dashed toward the approaching monsters.