The Devil's Performance Ends

It has been two weeks since the hero student had been training with their demonic mentors.

Devil May Cry group.

The students were feeling sore from all the training they did. Last night they thought the training wasn't that hard but felt whatever energy they had vanish when they had to take care of the children. The only survivor of that torture was Mina. She somehow managed to distract the children. Jiro joked that she thought like them. Mina countered by telling the kids that big sis Kyoka had candies on her and she didn't want to share. Jiro protested, only to have Mina call her a lair when she pretended to pull out a fruit snack from Jiro's jacket. The same fruit snack that Kyrie gave the students when they returned from training and Mina was saving for later. The children began to chase Jiro all throughout the orphanage. Somehow the chase escalated where the children also began to chase Nejire, Inasa, and Tokoyami. Mina later played innocent by telling the younger kids that couldn't keep up in the chase by telling stories.

Mina had woken up early and felt mischievous. She moved around the orphanage on a mission. She was looking for a specific room. It took her a while to find it, Lucius's room. She opened the room and was surprised at the sight.

The room was a downgraded version of the one she saw at UA's dorms. She moved around and saw how barren the room is. It had a bed, a desk, a full bookshelf, and for some reason a cane. Mina was going to step in to get a closer look till she heard a cough. Mina jumped and turned around to find Nero.

"Hey. Mister Nero," Mina awkwardly waves.

"Good morning Mina. Can I ask what you are doing in Lucius's room?" Nero asks.

"To be honest, I was curious about him," Mina says.

"Hmmm. I thought he was going to stop with three," Nero jokes.

It took Mina a while to understand what Nero was insinuating. She turned violet at the realization.

"What!? No. No. No. That is not what I meant, plus I like someone else," Mina says quickly on the defense.

Nero gives a small laugh.

"Sorry. Couldn't help but tease you when you said it like that," Nero states.

"Hey, that is so mean," Mina says with a pout.

"So why are you curious about him?" Nero asks.

"It's more like I'm sad that only your family is really going to remember him, now that he is.... you know," Mina says trying not to say it.

"Dead. Now that he is dead," Nero says ripping off the bandaid.

Nero goes and sits on Lucius's bed.

"You know as strange as it sounds, I don't know much about my cousin," Nero reveals.

"What but you lived with him for like six years," Mina points out.

"Naw. If we are being honest, we had more of a mentor and student-relationship than a familial one. Kyrie was closer to him than I was. He might have been ecstatic to know he had a blood relative but he kept us at arms' length," Nero states.

"How do you know that?" Mina weakly questions.

"Simple. No matter how strong the world thinks Sparda's blood is our hearts are weak. And so far the only one of us with a happy childhood is Sophia," Nero says with a sigh.

"Huh?"

"Think about it. Lucius's mother was killed before he could know her and the first family that raised him did not do a proper job. And let's not talk about how or why I found him."