Deal with a Darklord

The screams of hospital staff, patients, and their families are panicking from the bizarre creatures they find outside.

Walls of ice block their paths for only a moment. When the ice breaks, the creatures are splashed with acid.

The civilians look to their heroes. Mina and Todoroki make a strong front but frost is already building up on his right while Mina places her hands behind her back to prevent others from seeing the burns forming on her hands.

Todoroki notices a mother holding her baby. The woman was wearing a hat with purple hair sticking out. The baby was quietly crying, as the mother placed a hand on her faded blond hair.

The woman walks up to the two.

"Please help me. I need to get out for her for the baby's sake," the woman pleads.

Mina twitched at those words.

She gets ready to combat this woman. Todoroki notices but only moves to prepare to follow Mina's lead.

"Sure, I am willing to help those in need but can you answer me something," Mina requested.

"Anything hero-san," the woman replies.

"Whose baby is that?" Mina questions.

The room was almost silent it bit, while Todoroki leading the others away.

The woman gives a smile that contradicts what her eyes are saying.

"I would say it warms my heart or that it fills me with pride that a hero could notice such a minute clue. But honestly, I am tired of how disappointing the hero system is behind closed doors," the woman responds.

Todoroki makes his way to Mina to help support her.

"You never answered my question," Mina reminded.

The woman shrugs.

"Obviously, she isn't mine. But her father asked that I remove her from the location," the woman finally answers.

"And he thought right now would have been a good time to kidnap his daughter during this chaos. Just so the baby's mother might think she is dead and not try to find it," Todoroki deadpans.

The woman looks at Todoroki with shock. She then turns to Mina.

"Does he spend his free time on conspiracy forums online to have such a vi.... no, I mean stupid imagination," the woman says before laughing.

Todoroki felt like he was slapped by those words. Mina consoles the two hair-toned male.

"If that were the case this brat would grow up better adjusted. Though if you think that you could take his daughter then you better be sure you can take him down," the woman warns.

Mina rolls her eyes.

"Let me guess her father is some rich dude that thinks just because he has money then he can do whatever he wants," Mina snarks.

The woman shrugs.

"He did buy my dress. But I don't know what that really says about his bank account," she jokes, "So, miss provisional provisional hero, move aside. You are five years too early to have a modicum of my respect."

Mina and Todoroki get ready for combat.

"We aren't afraid of you," Todoroki stated.

The woman takes a seat.

"Right, I never introduced myself. The name is Tsutsumi Kaina but I used to be known as the attack dog of the Commission," she says with a sneer, "Ex-Pro Hero: Lady Nagant."