Chapter 3- Hanging Out

(Eva's Pov)

As me and Wooly got ready, we started to head downstairs to open the door for Amanda. As we opened it, she had a smile plastered on her face.

"Hey Amanda." We said.
"Hey Wooly, Eva." Amanda greeted.
"So, what are we doing today?" I asked.
"I was thinking about going to the park to play a game." Amanda said.
"Well, let's go." I said.

As we walked to the park, I was between Wooly and Amanda. I knew about the warning Amanda gave me, I decided to have a conversation with her.

"So Amanda, how was your morning? I'd like to know all about it." I said.
"Glad you asked, Eva. Well first, I got out of bed and made it. I brushed my teeth and made myself some breakfast." Amanda explained.

I could tell how much she liked me giving her attention.

"Woah, that routine sounds organized. Wish I had a routine like that." I said.
"Guys! We made it to the park!" Amanda said.

We went in the park and I saw swings, I ran to the swings and sat on one. I saw Wooly going to the other one, but Amanda pushed him and ran to the other one.

"Oops, sorry Wooly. I guess there were only two swings." Amanda said.
"Don't worry Wooly. I can give you my swing if you want." I said.
"No, Eva. It's okay. I'll just go on the monkey bars." Wooly said sadly.

I gave Amanda a glare for what she did.

"Amanda, that was mean." I said.
"It was an accident! I just really wanted to play on the swings." Amanda said.
"Well, you still have to apologize to Wooly." I said giving her a pleasing look.
"Okay, I'll do it for you!" Amanda said with pink cheeks.

She got off the swings and went to apologize to Wooly. I then just decided to wait for her.

It's been a few minutes and I started to grow worry for Wooly. That was until I heard a scream that sounded like Wooly.

I ran as fast as I could and I saw Wooly's knee badly injured as he was crying. Amanda glared at his cries as I stood there shocked.

"Amanda...what happened?" I asked.
"Eva, Wooly had an accident! He was playing at the monkey bars as I tried to apologize to him but he fell off and hurt his knee." Amanda said but Wooly knew she was lying.
"That didn't happen-" Wooly said but got interrupted by Amanda.
"We have to help him!" Amanda said.
"Let's take him to his house." I suggested.
"Good idea!" Amanda said.

I walked to Wooly to try to soothe him. I rubbed his back as it calmed him.

"Is your knee okay?" I asked.
"It hurts really bad." Wooly said with tears.
"Aww, come on. We'll get you patched up." I said as I helped him up.

Throughout the walk, I helped him with on his feet since he was too weak to walk. When we finally got there, I sat him down in the couch.

"Amanda, can you get the bandages?" I asked.
"Of course!" Amanda said before she skips away.

I checked his knee to see it was an open wound and blood was oozing out.

"Wooly, are you sure you fell off of the monkey bars?" I asked.
"No! What Amanda told you was a lie! She wants to fool you to think she's innocent!" Wooly said.

I realized that glare she gave to Wooly after his injury. She hurt him! Well I knew that from the start but still! We stopped talking to see Amanda coming back with bandages.

"Here's the bandages you wanted!" Amanda said.
"Thanks, Amanda." I said in a fake happy tone.
"Get better soon, Wooly~." Amanda said creepily.

I then grabbed the bandages and bandaged his knee, well I had to clean them up first. I grabbed a cotton ball and dipped it in peroxide. I dabbed it on his knee and I saw Wooly winced in pain. I then grabbed his hand to help him be brave.

When I finished that, I then grabbed the bandages and bandaged his leg. I then started to put away the stuff and brung it back to the bathroom.

When I got back I saw Wooly smiling at me. I then smiled back at him with a tint of pink in my cheeks.

"Thanks for fixing my knee, Eva." Wooly said.
"It's no problem, Wooly." I said as I approached him.
"I can't believe Amanda did that. I'll have a talk with her later. Besides that, how's your knee?" I said.
"It's feeling better." Wooly said.

I gave him a smile and put my hand on top of his with a blush on my face. Wooly saw my hand on his and was red on his face and ears. It was pretty cute.

We both smiled at each other and looked at our hands. We then did a double take and snatched our hands away from each other with red faces.

"I'm sorry! I should've asked permission! I wasn't thinking!" I said.
"No, no, it's okay. I really enjoyed it." Wooly said shyly.

We then interacted our hands again and went closer to each other until we touched shoulders.

"You know, it's kind of nice without Amanda here." Wooly said.
"Yeah. No one here to bother us." I said.
"Eva, can I ask you something?" Wooly asked.
"Sure, anything. What is it?" I asked.
"Do you like Amanda? Like more than a friend?" Wooly asked.

I then looked at him with shock. "Why'd you ask that?" I questioned.
"Because I noticed how close you both are getting and all Amanda does is leave me out." Wooly said sadly.
"Wooly, I like someone else. Plus, I'm straight. I'm not a lesbian like she is." I said.
"Oh, sorry." Wooly said.
"You don't have to say sorry. You didn't do nothing wrong." I said.
"Anyways, when you said you'd like someone else who is this 'someone?'" Wooly asked.

I hesitated for 5 seconds but I knew I had to come clean.

"Alright. Well he's a sheep. He is also really fun and nice to be around. And I'm sitting right next to him, holding his hand." I confessed.

Wooly then got the message right away and blushed deep. "Y-You like me?" Wooly stuttered.
"Yes, I like you. More than a friend to be exact." I said.
"I like you too, Eva. You're a really nice girl and you've always been there for me when I'm sad." Wooly said.

We smiled at each other, but Wooly then stopped smiling as he thought of something.

"Wooly, what's wrong?" I asked.
"We can't let Amanda know about this." Wooly said seriously.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because she's in love with you too and if she finds out, she'll kill me." Wooly said.
"Okay, but we can't give out hints. No Pda, none of that. Just act like we're friends." I said.

We agreed on keeping our relationship a secret from Amanda. We just hope she doesn't find out. My eyes then grew heavy and I laid my head on Wooly's shoulder. He got tired also and laid his head on mine. We both slept there, peacefully.

We were alone, but not for long though.