Chapter 47

Khione

I couldn't decipher what I should feel after seeing the head of the family in front of me.

My mother.

I haven't seen and heard of her for almost two years, that's why seeing her again makes me feel inferior. And I hate feeling this way.. dahil parang pinapatunayan ko din sa kanya that she has the power to manipulate me again.

"M-mom?" I uttered in disbelief as my hands formed into a fist after seeing Elyzra sitting on the opposite side of the sofa.

Hindi siya nakatingin sa'kin as her head was hanged low. After what she said and did to me last night, ang lakas naman ng apog niyang magpakita ulit sa'kin.

Well that explains why my mom's here.

"What have you been doing to yourself, Khione?" My attention went back to her as she asked me that question.

That begrudgingly tone and that disappointed gaze. It's all coming back to me now.

How my mother has always looked at me that way.

"It seems like you're neglecting yourself since you left home." She stood up as she looked around the apartment. "I already expected it, but it's quite disappointing to see it in person."

I swallowed hard, trying to suppress the different emotions I am currently feeling.

"If iinsultuhin niyo rin naman ako, sana hindi na lang kayo pumunta dito." I tried to act strong— pretending that I wasn't affected by her presence.

She laughed mockingly at me before standing up. "I'm not insulting you, Khione. How could your own mother do that? I am just stating the obvious."

I rolled my eyes at what she said, how ironic. My own mother was the one who insulted my craft before, I already know what she wants, and I'm not going to give in to her that easily.

"Then what are you doing here?" Tanong ko sa kanya. "It doesn't seem that you're that concerned to check up on me."

Hindi niya ako sinagot as she just gives me that fake smile of hers that I know so well.

"Of course I'm here to know what you have been up to."

"Cut the crap, mom."

"Language, young lady."

I scoffed at her and eyed Elyzra. "The last time I remember, Elyzra told me that you're trying to get my number to contact me. I see that she changed her mind."

"Your cousin was nice enough to update me about your whereabouts, you should be thankful that someone looks after you.. obviously— the path you're so proud of choosing is directing you to your own downfall."

Bullshit.

So, that's what Elyzra is telling her? I can't believe I trusted her just to snitch on me. She was the first person I've told about how my parents never supported me in my dreams, she knew the very reason why I left.

She was mad at them for doing that to their own child..

Pero ano 'to? Tangina.

I groaned and walked towards the bathroom where she followed me, "You already said that you don't want to have anything with me, so why are you bothering me again?"

"Two years was already enough for you to explore, and seeing how you're living now.. it's just right for you to go back home and straighten your life. You can't make enough money from being an artist, you know how little they make because it's supposed to be a hobby and not a lifetime career. You should know that by now."