Chapter 49

TW: Death, violence, trauma, and vulgar words.

***

PART II

Solana

"What was her plan all along, David?" I asked the moment we got back on the road after purchasing guns from the store. Luckily he has a license to own a firearm so it didn't took us that long before we were back on the road and headed to the abandoned warehouse that their family owned back then.

He was the one driving dahil mas alam niya ang daan patungo doon. We have been awfully quiet for some time since I'm still skeptical and uncomfortable with him, choosing to betray his sister just to help me save Khio? But I'm desperate now. I won't be able to live not knowing where she is or what is happening to her.

I just hope David isn't lying to me.

"Reese called me after she resigned from the University.. she told me that the kid knew what she's been up to for the past couple of years after digging up information about her when she was in Mexico." I heard him sighing beside me while I nervously stared at the gun that I was holding. "..When she was threatened by her with the help of your sister, she immediately planned the whole thing. Making them believe that she'd do what they want to do. So, she resigned, took some money and went into hiding. I thought she would just leave the country and go back to Mexico but I didn't know that it would go this far."

"Even if she deleted the recording, Sydney still has a copy of it." I stated, "But even without it, she's already a criminal."

Natahimik naman siya matapos 'kong sabihin 'yon, but I didn't feel any guilt at all.

It was the truth anyway.

"She called me earlier." He suddenly said, "She told me she got the kid and will be using her as a form of revenge on you, I didn't know the whole story until I came to your house and got a brief info of case from the police. Believe me, Solana.. we didn't know. My parents had no idea that Reese would do these things."

"Just drive us there.." That's all I said as I broke into sweats just by thinking as to what will happen once we finally arrived.

"You really love that kid?"

"David.."

"Answer it, please."

I looked over to him and saw that he was serious about hearing me say it, "Yes. I have never loved anyone as much as I love her."

He nodded his head and smiled forcibly. I could see him gripping the steering wheel tightly but soon after loosened his grip before releasing his breath.

"I was mad after knowing that you cheated on me."

"David.." I sighed and looked away, "We don't even have that kind of relationship, you've been on with other women and it didn't bother me every time you fuck them. This marriage is pure business, you know that."

"I tried." I heard him chuckling, "I really tried to make this marriage work, Solana. Even if you don't see it that way, hindi ko nga alam kung ano pa ang dapat 'kong gawin dahil sarado talaga ang puso mo. So when I knew about you.. and that kid, it really hurt my pride."