Chapter 52

Six years ago: The night of the incident.
Wesbech University Hospital.

"WE HAVE a 21-year-old female patient who was shot three times in the back during a kidnapping scene." The paramedics rushed towards the hospital, pushing the stretcher where the unconscious Khio had been resting for 35 minutes since the incident happened.

"What is her condition?" The resident doctor asked while checking her.

"She is in critical condition and is not breathing or responding to stimuli. We were able to locate the bullets and have stopped the bleeding, but her vitals are very weak." As they continue to speak, Solana was lying unconsciously on a stretcher with Sydney and Agatha following behind them as another medical staff came to them to ask the paramedics more questions.

Both of them laid side by side, the other one passed out by inhaling too much smoke from the fire, and the other one was fighting for her life from the bullets she got behind her back. Sydney was crying uncontrollably as she watched the sight of the two important people in her life who were lying lifelessly. How did things turn out like this?

"We need to get her to surgery right away. What's her blood pressure?" The situation with Khio was much more serious as her breathing started to become more restricted.

"It's currently 90/60 mmHg, her pulse is thready, and her breathing is shallow."

"All right, let's get her prepped for surgery. What about her oxygen saturation?" The doctor was hoping to hear a good response but lost hope upon seeing her.

"It's low at 88%, and she's not receiving supplemental oxygen."

"Start an IV, prep her for surgery, and call the trauma surgeon. We need to work quickly to save her life." She said to one of the nurses as they act on it.

Khio was immediately taken to the Operating room while Solana was sent to the Emergency room. The doctor examined her to see the extent of the injuries. He then immediately instructed his staff to make the necessary preparations for the surgery.

"W-where is she?!" Jasmine Avila, her mother was frantically shouting and crying at the nurses the moment she arrived at the hospital, with her husband following behind.

They immediately rushed to the hospital after receiving a call from the Police about their daughter's situation.

"Ma'am, huminahon po muna kayo—"

"No! I'm not going to calm down when my daughter's life is in danger!"

"Nasaan ang anak namin?" It was Robert Rontini asked the question calmy.

"Ano po ang pangalan ng pasyente?"

"K-khione Avila. She's our daughter."

The nurse in the station checked if there was a patient with that name, "Nasa operating room na po ang anak niyo. Kasalukuyan po siyang inihahanda para sa surgery."

"Oh God, Robert!" She cried desperately as she hugged him. "Yung anak natin.."

"She's going to be okay." He kissed her forehead, "Once her surgery is done, we'll take her back."