❏ twenty-six : : ❜

At first Eunseo thinks she made a mistake in hearing but when she notices the expression of Haechan fall, she knows she heard just right

She doesn't even have to turn around before she feels a tap on her shoulder, forcing her to turn around and face the person calling her name.

"It is you," the girl confirms and crouches down to give a side hug to Eunseo who can do nothing but hug back. By now, both Eunae and Shuhua are utterly confused, both holding onto an awkward smile thinking it was just someone Eunseo knew. Only Haechan knows who the person was and thus only his face shows what he actually feels in that moment.

"Mirae, nice to run into you here," Eunseo stands up and properly greets the girl. "And Minseok," she notices her best friend with his arm around Mirae's waist.

"Hey man," Haechan walks forward, gently making Eunseo stand aside so she isn't facing the couple from so close.

"Hey," Minseok smiles awkwardly. For some reason, Minseok never really close with Eunseo's other friends, but due to Eunseo's enthusiasm in making all her friends meet they shared one or two conversations in the past.

"I saw you at first and couldn't be sure if it was you so I asked him and he was confused too," Mirae speaks up this time. "When we came to Seoul, I low-key hoped I would get to see you but I didn't think it would be here," she gives her another smile, a gentle and alluring one.

That's the thing. Eunseo never felt more inferior than she did next to Mirae. Sure, Mirae was her friend too, sort of.

She has always been so nice, but not in the way Eunseo is. Eunseo is more of a clinger, getting easily attached to the people she cares about and being her talkative self around someone after knowing them for only a day. Whereas Mirae is graceful, soft spoken, never raising her voice, friendly to everyone but never overbearing.

And sometimes it makes Eunseo wonder if that is why Minseok was able to move on so fast, because Eunseo was overwhelming, whereas Mirae was a calm presence to soothe you from within.

"Well, it's my friend's place," Eunseo replies in a small voice, overwhelmed by the presence of two people she thought she wouldn't see again in a very long time.

"Zhong Chenle is your friend?" Mirae asks, surprise etched in her features but she handles it well.

"Yeah, we're all friends here," Eunae speaks up from the back, sensing the tense atmosphere, mostly from Eunseo's side because the other party seem barely affected.

"Hi, I'm Mirae," Mirae extends her hand in the direction of Eunae and Shuhua, both accepting it with a polite smile. "Eunseo and I have been good friends for quite a while, we met back in college," she tells them. "In fact, she's the reason I met Minseok, my boyfriend. They're best friends," she explains with a gleeful look, as though she is actually happy to have run into Eunseo after so long.