❏ thirty : : ❜

Bright green leaves turned sickly of the looming camphor tree in the backyard rustles in the same monotonous tone when the Eunseo steps foot in the house she grew up in

"Ma!" Eunseo yells, quite displeased at the fact that no one even bothered to wait for her as they would probably if her brother was the one visiting. By her voice only, the older Lee woman rushes outside, a wooden spoon gripped by her bony fingers, her eyes exhausted but lightened at the sight of Eunseo.

"You're here! My calculations told me it'd be a couple more hours," she says as though she was greatly betrayed.

"Since when was your calculation ever right?" Eunseo replies with a roll of her eyes before breaking into a smile, her arms spreading wide. "I missed you," she walks upto her mother, who does the same.

"I missed you too," she cooes in a pitchy voice like one would use with a child. "And I've still got my soup boiling," she lets go as soon as she held on and rushes back inside, yelling as she does, "Wash up and come down, your father has gone to buy drinks."

"What's the occasion?"

"You certainly don't think your visit was not long awaited, do you?" Her mother peeks out from the kitchen. "He has been going frantic, I don't think he was this excited when Hanseo visited us last summer."

"Hanseo deserves that, he never visits me," Eunseo makes a face, "Only you guys. I mean I get it, you're his parents but I'm his fucking sister.

"Language, Eunseo," she calmly interrupts her, "And don't call your brother by name like that, it's rude."

"Ma, that bastard has been living in Australia for years, I assure you he does not care about honorifics."

"But in this household, we do. Now stop lingering around and go freshen up. The journey was not kind to you, look at the state of your face," she ushers Eunseo to get out of the kitchen with a sneer, causing the girl to feign a hurt expression and stomp away. "Still brutally honest, I see," she mutters to herself as she enters her old bedroom.

Upon entering her room, her eyes fall upon the only framed picture in her room, since all the family ones are in the living room. It was a picture of her and Minseok, on their first day of middle school together.

A curve appears on the corner of her lips as she saunters closer, sitting on the edge of her bed with her fingers gripping the plastic frame that looks quite obnoxious now that she has grown out of her middle school taste.

"Minseok, get away!" Eunseo shrieks as Minseok tries to put his arm around her, "Ma, he was picking his nose, I'm not touching him!" Her shrieks get even louder as Minseok rushes towards her, deliberately ticking her off.

The two older woman watch as their kids cause havoc when they're just trying to capture the moment in camera. After all, it was a special moment.