❏ thirty-five : : ❜

That something was about to go wrong was a foregone conclusion but neither Eunseo nor Yunjin expected it to go this way when the next day the two arrive to a scene of Sarang crying and Jaemin trying to comfort her while Yeonjun stands in the back ...

That something was about to go wrong was a foregone conclusion but neither Eunseo nor Yunjin expected it to go this way when the next day the two arrive to a scene of Sarang crying and Jaemin trying to comfort her while Yeonjun stands in the back awkwardly.

"What's she crying about?" Yunjin asks in a low voice approaching Yeonjun, Eunseo follows suit.

"You know the surge of customers? They were apparently escorts," he whispers back, even though it was no secret to anyone anymore.

Both Eunseo and Yunjin share a look between them, silently agreeing to act oblivious.

"Wow, that's crazy," Eunseo feigns surprise. "But that still doesn't answer our question? Why is she crying?"

"Well, Jaemin told us just now and Sarang immediately broke down crying asking for forgiveness and saying she was just trying to help but didn't know those people were escorts." They notice the hint of excitement in Yeonjun's tone as he explains the lore, seemingly invested in dramatic scenes more than a boring workday.

Once they decide to focus on their crying coworker and their boss, they catch a few phrases being passed between them which mostly contained of 'I'm sorry's, 'I didn't know's and 'It's okay's or 'It's not your fault's.

As the seconds pass by, the atmosphere grows incredibly uneasy for the rest of the employees. Eunseo sees Kazuha and Mark entering from the corner of her eyes and their whole body going rigid at the situation unfolding in front of them.

"Is she ever gonna stop crying?" Yeonjun blurts out and Yunjin instantly hits his arm, shushing him effectively.

"She's upset, let her cry," Eunseo says, not finding it in her to even be mad at the girl because apparently she didn't really do anything wrong. "But I do wish they'd do it in a more private space," she adds as an afterthought.

"We should just go back to doing what we do," they collectively agree and go off to start their shifts. And to everyone's delight, Sarang begins to actually calm down and Jaemin brings her to his office, leaving Eunseo watching their figures disappear in there with her hand clenching around an empty cup.