020. you are the best thing that's ever been mine

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ lover of mine.

020. you are the best thing that's ever been mine

╔═══════════════╗

STELLA CONKLIN'S POV

╚═══════════════╝

The sun was peeking through the gap in the blinds covering my window. The light hit directly in my eyes, making me wake up earlier than I had wanted to. Everyone was probably already out on the town and doing their own things, but I would have preferred to stay in bed with Conrad for as long as I could and just sleep.

Getting out of bed as quietly as I can, I manage not to wake Conrad and quickly make my way downstairs to start breakfast for us as a surprise. When I was little my dad would always surprise my mum with breakfast in bed for the fun of it, and I wanted to do that for conrad.

I knew he loved his scrambled eggs on toast with a side of maple bacon, cooked borderline burnt. I got all the ingredients needed from the fridge and turned on the stove when Jeremiah walked into the kitchen.

"What are you doing up early Stells?"

"I wanted to make Conrad some breakfast," I smiled at him, putting my focus back on the food so I wouldn't ruin it before we could eat it.

"That's very sweet."

"What's happening with you this summer Jeremiah? I feel like we haven't talked as much as we used to."

"Yeah we haven't, um just girl stuff," he drops his head towards the floor, refusing to make eye contact with me when I look up at him.

"What kind of girl stuff?"

"You have to promise not to tell anyone okay?"

"Okay."

"I just wish Belly would see me for once you know? It's always Conrad, and now he has you she focuses more than ever which is wrong. I just wanted to apologise for not standing up for you when taylor was here, i should've and i didn't," Jere walks over and stands next to me as i turn the stove off and take the eggs off the pan and serve onto plates.

"Don't sweat it, Jere, everything's okay now."

"Can we hang out just us, soon?"

"Yeah Jere of course, we'll plan something when you get home later,'' I grab a knife and fork for me and Conrad out of the drawer and sit it next to the plates I made.

"Well I need to get to work, I'll see you later Stella," I walk over to him before he has a chance to leave.

"I love you Jere, don't forget that okay?" He smiles at me when we disconnect from the hug and holds me at arms length apart.

"I love you too, i'll see you later."

I turned my head in the direction of my room. Carefully transporting the two full plates of food for Conrad and I, I managed not to drop them before I realised I wouldn't be able to open my closed door with zero free hands. Figuring out the obstacle, I get into my room and see Conrad still out cold under my covers.

Placing the food quietly down on my vanity, I walk over to my bed and lay down next to Conrad. He stirs slightly and places his arm around my waist with a firm grip. I shake his shoulder slightly to wake him up, having zero luck.