023. debutante ball

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ lover of mine.

023. debutante ball

╔═══════════════╗

STELLA CONKLIN'S POV

╚═══════════════╝

I woke up to a solid knock on my door, Belly was still sound asleep. I mumbled a somewhat loud 'come in', before susannah walked in and sat down on my bed. She didn't say anything other than her signature smile and shakes belly to wake her up.

"Good morning Belly!" Susannah says quite loudly, making Belly jolt awake.

"I'm gonna go wake up Conrad, I'll be right back," I smile at Susannah as she nods and smiles.

I softly knock on Conrad's door and wait for him to answer, but he doesn't. I opened it to see him still asleep. I smile and walk over to sit down on his bed next to him. I brush my fingers through his hair and he stirs in his sleep.

"Conrad, it's time to get up, love," I whisper to him.

I waited a few minutes before I actually woke him up, just savouring one of the few last moments we'd have together this summer. We had talked about doing long distance, and we were going to give it a go. But that doesn't mean I wasn't nervous about it. I had seen so many stories about couples not lasting, and I just hoped that wasn't going to be us.

Gently pushing his shoulder, Conrad doesn't wake up like I wanted him to. He kept his eyes closed and just opened his arms.

"Just lay down with me for a bit longer," his voice was croaky, it being the first words he'd spoken all morning.

I don't complain and just lay down. Sitting in silence, just listening to his heartbeat was a great way to start my morning. I feel Conrad kiss my head on top of my hair before he sits us both up.

"Time for breakfast," he smiles. His smile is easily my favourite thing. It was enough to put the bad moods into good ones.

"Beat you downstairs," quickly pressing a kiss on his lips, I bolt out of his room. I can hear him behind me but I have no idea how close he is until two arms wrap around my waist and carry me down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"What are you two doing?" Susannah laughs at the two of us when we get into the kitchen.

"Winning a race," I laugh.

"Belly's here. Okay you should get going. Oh, and everyone, stay out of the family room. I've done all of your paintings and tonight after the ball, we'll have a big unveiling,"Susannah announces excitedly, "oh and Jere, can you put this in Laurel's car for me?"

"Yeah of course," Jere smiles at his mother before going outside.

My mum hands Belly the car keys. I looked at Conrad confused, she hadn't let her drive herself anywhere all summer.

"Aren't you driving me?" Belly asks.

"I'm going over with Susannah, so I thought maybe you could drive yourself?" Belly smiles at her before running around the counter and hugging her.

"Seriously?"

"It's only a few blocks," Mum shrugs, "unless you don't want to."

"Yes. Yes." She says with the biggest smile on her face i think i had ever seen.