✨4✨

Pov Samira

My practice had opened two days ago, and I'd gone to the decorating shop to get something to fill the walls of my practice and make it more welcoming. I may only be a lawyer, but I liked my clients to come and see me in a place where they felt comfortable talking to me.

"You're not a psychologist, Samira" my mind mocked ironically and I rolled my eyes.

"I think this plant would look great on your desk," Esan suggested.

He was holding Rizwan against his chest in the baby carrier. I'd been spending a lot of time with Rizwan over the last month, and I'd become very attached to him, which meant I was also spending a lot of time with his father.
Esan and I became close friends, and to my great despair, my feelings for him grew stronger by the day, tell me do you know a magic potion to forget 24 years of one-sided love, because I don't want to be there until I'm 30.

"Samira, I'm not joking, avoid hurting yourself again here, scar properly, I don't want to see you do anything foolish".

I remembered exactly the stern tone he'd used, he'd then stared at me intensely, I didn't know what to do as I felt my whole being trembling, I was like a drug addict, all it took was a little attention from him and I took that as a possible sign of sentimental interest on his part towards me. "He chose your sister" reminds me in my mind
It was like a cold shower, I recovered from my thoughts, it's true, I may have continued to love him, but he wasn't mine, even knowing that, I carried on, what was I being, stupid or sadistic, maybe both.

"I'll take it," I said, taking the plant from his hands.

This shop was going to be on my green list, there were so many beautiful things at low prices. I finished paying.

"Wait Samira, I forgot to take a vase for my mother, I'll be right back" he said.

I took Rizwan in my arms, smiling, and went off to wait in the car park, when I recognised a group of boys from my local university before I left.

"Who do we have here? Isn't that our little whale? "Fariz asked mockingly, causing his two friends to burst out laughing.

I looked at him furiously, he was the one who had harassed me because of my weight, he had done the worst things to me. I opened the car and put my nephew in his car seat. I was about to go over to the other side to get in my seat when Fariz slammed me hard against the car and Rizwan started to cry from the impact.

"Don't give me any trouble", I told him as I tried to leave.

But he clung to me shamelessly.

"You're getting all high and mighty when I'm just talking to you, you've become so haughty," he said hatefully.

He looked at my nephew and had an evil smile on his face, I was afraid he was going to do something

He looked at my nephew and had an evil smile on his face, I was afraid he was going to do something to Rizwan.

"Have you finally found someone to fuck you? Your little one's cute," he said

He disgusted me, he was always like that, he spoke vulgarly, he treated girls like objects he could play with and throw away once they were broken.

"Aren't you afraid of your rabb for talking like that? Look, I don't know why you're here, but get out of here, I don't want any problems, stop being such a bastard," I shouted at him.

I finally pushed him away, but he held me back by ripping off my dupatta, I saw one of his friends grab my nephew and start throwing him in the air for fun, I looked at them scared, Rizwan was crying and screaming, my heart couldn't take it.