✨7✨

Pov Samira

I didn't know what I was doing, I had just left my home, abandoned my nikkah, I was lost, I didn't know what I should do, all night I had convinced myself that I could marry Harshad but as the hour drew nearer, and I felt that endless ball of bad thoughts towards suicide, I'd told myself that my life would soon be an effort here, was there any difference that it would be the same in the afterlife, but when I heard Esan's angry voice shouting at me, I froze.

"Ya rabb, I beg you forgive me, forgive me" I thought, crying.

I had let this weakness affect me for a moment without fighting, I was stupid, an idiot, if Esan hadn't come, I would have made the worst mistake of all.

My Didi was gone, my parents couldn't bear to lose me too. I looked at Esan, his jaw tight as he drove, his eyes focused on the road, strangely by his side, I felt protected.

"Do you trust me?" he asked

Long before my body responded, my heart did. Yes, I trusted him.

Suddenly the car stopped, he had just parked, and I noticed that we were opposite the green mosque in my town, my favourite. I watched him get out while I sat in the car, totally baffled, and he must have noticed because he came and opened the door for me.

"Samira, come with me," he said softly.

"Why are we here, Esan?" I asked him, feeling stressed.

He gave me a comforting smile and without answering me, he led me inside the mosque, leaving me alone for a moment, telling me he'd be right back.

I stared at the ground, putting my dupatta from my lehenga on my head, people staring at me because of my outfit, but where was Esan? "In Ireland, you've just seen him leave, he said he was coming back, stop stressing," laughed my inner voice.

I rolled my eyes, always so kind to myself, I rushed towards Esan when I finally saw him coming back, and my eyes opened wide when I saw the imam coming up behind him. I asked him about the delay.

"Samira, I've thought it over, let's get married", he said frankly.

Euh.... Did i hear correctly ?
I think age was giving me hearing problems, did Esan just ask me to marry him ? No, impossible !

"You told me once that I would find the right person to marry and I told you that I wanted her to be a good mother to Rizwan first and foremost, you are an incredible person Samira, you are the only one capable of taking care of him, I will protect you, your weight will never be a burden for me" he said.

My heart melted at his words, I've always wanted to marry him, it's true, I've never stopped loving him, but was it halal, I mean he was Sonia's husband, I want to marry him, but was it halal ? I didn't want to do anything wrong.

"Esan, I'd be happy to do it and take care of Rizwan but how can we do that, I mean, you're my didi's husband, I'm her little sister" I reminded him.

"I spoke to the imam about our situation and he told me it was permissible and this situation you are going through it's my fault after all " he said with a little bit of sadness in his voice

I looked at him astonished, how was the fact that I had to marry Harshad his fault, yes normally I should have married him but was it his fault if he loved Sonia not me, the heart makes its choices.

"Marry me.. Samira..let me protect you... I can't live with guilt for the rest of my life..." he said, pained.

I looked at his sincere eyes, he was almost begging me, I finally agreed, even if I felt guilty towards Sonia, I at least wanted to be with Esan.