✨12✨

Pov Esan

I sighed as I realized that I still had to finalize the deal with Mr.kishmar for the inauguration of the new shopping center.

So 1 more hour of work, it was already 19h..... Pff, I was rolling in my chair, happy to be running the company and bringing it back to being so reputable but that sometimes, I'd just like a simple worker with fixed hours, even more so now that I had Samira and Rizwan, with the wedding and all the events, I'd fallen behind but I had to catch up now, which meant I'd leave early and come home late, I'd always find Samira asleep with the light on, she'd try to wait for me but always ended up tired, with Sonia everything was different, she didn't care if I came home late or not, she did her own thing.

Sometimes she came home later than I did, and that worried me, the few questions I asked her for her safety seemed to be a nuisance to her ears.

                         "I love you Esan."

My heart raced as I recalled Samira's confession. I didn't know if she'd said it knowingly or not, since she was drowsy at the time, but it was enough to remove my own barriers.

I'd thought long and hard about a special occasion, and today was her birthday, I was going to take her on a romantic date and finally declare my feelings and above all tell her the truth about the moment I rejected her, I want her to know everything and although I was anxious, I couldn't decide to tell her my feelings by hiding such a big lie, she didn't deserve to live with me without sincerity.
I could hear the office telephone ringing. "Yes?" I said to my secretary as I picked up the receiver.

"Sir, a woman has come to see you unexpectedly, she says it's very important" she warned me.

I thought for a moment, curious to know who it was, ", Have her come in" I said, hanging up politely.

I was turning my attention back to my file when the door to my office opened a few seconds later.

I froze, wondering what she was doing there at my reaction. Her evil smile grew even longer, and she stood facing me, looking at my place.

"My love, aren't you pleased to see me?" her voice sounded sarcastic.

I rolled my eyes, "Why are you here, Nila?" I asked her coldly.

Her smile fell, "Esan don't tell me you're still mad at me for breaking up with you, back then I was stupid and young, you went out with me while you were engaged to that fat girl, I saw things blurred but now I understand my mistake, you're mine and I'm yours" she said

I stood up suddenly, she was talking shit. "Nila, it's none of the above, get out of here, you're nothing to me and I'm nothing to you, I don't know which lunatic dumped you so that you'd come looking for me, but get out, I'm happy with my son and my wife" I told her clearly in an emphatic tone.

But she got up and grabbed me by the collar and tried to kiss me, and I immediately pushed her away, annoyed. "How can you say that to me, Esan, I love you, I really do, I heard you married that fat woman after her sister died, I know you were forced into it, I've come to rescue you from her and I'll look after your son as if he were my own" she said desperately.

But I looked at her, dumbfounded, "I forbid you to call My Samira fat, Nila, I'll give you a few minutes to leave on your own or I'll call the security guard and he'll drag you out himself, I think you know the better option" I threatened.

She laughed ironically "YOUR SAMIRA ? you're so funny Esan, you've always hated her for her looks, she was hideous to you and now you're getting angry with me, because I call her fat? There's no way you could have sunk so low as to love her, no, you're not a moron," she said.

I closed my eyes, I was a moron, not for falling in love with Samira but for hating her, and having once been one of those people who judged her by her looks, like Nila.

"How sad! So you're really in love with Samira and you're not coming back to me? But Esan, tell me one thing, how come this girl accepted you when you were such a jerk to her, I mean okay she's got a big heart blah blah but she's not without dignity, is she? she asked me mockingly

I didn't answer, and glared at her, "She doesn't know ! I understand better now ! " she replied loudly

I really wanted her to go away.

"Esan, I'm leaving here, but for a long time, your Samira, I hope she loves you very much?" she asked me.

"Why are you asking me that?" I questioned hatefully.

"You never know, anything can be unpredictable, you can go from loving someone madly to hating them endlessly" she tells me thoughtfully.

She winks at me, and I clench my fists, finally seeing him off, I sigh, I've never understood how I could have loved that girl, I was such a fool.

I looked at the clock, and went to pray the Maghreb, finishing my 3 rakats, I raised my hands to the sky. "Ya Allah, I know
I was a bad person in the past but I'm trying to change, I love Samira and I want to see her happy every moment, don't take me away from her, I beg you" I said as dua as I felt anguish taking over.

An unpleasant sensation took hold of my chest, and I hurried to finish my files, as I soon had to pick up Samira for our appointment.