✨18✨ Love & Danger

Pov Samira

With a smile on my lips, I opened my eyes. Esan was sleeping peacefully beside me, my head resting on his chest, his face buried in my hair scattered everywhere.

Memories of the night flashed through my mind as the light of day flooded into the room. My cheeks warmed automatically, he had shown me how much he loved me, and how perfect we were for each other, making me rediscover my own body just like his, I had once imagined our first night together but I didn't think it would be so intimate, so splendid.

There had been no rosewater love songs, no vanilla-scented candles, no flower petals on a comfortable mattress, but still, everything had been so sweet.

Esan finally wiggled slightly against me before opening his eyes, he was lost at first, and looked in all directions trying to find his bearings, then he set his eyes on me, a radiant smile spreading across his face.

"Assalam Alaikkum Mrs Farooqi" he said lovingly.

"Assalam Alaikkum Mr.Farooqi" I replied in the same tone, smiling.

He placed a kiss on my forehead, and I savoured the sensation, then he devoured me shamelessly with his eyes, and I suddenly remembered, looking at his naked torso in what state we were in, I clutched the blanket to my chest even though I was wearing his shirt which, by the way, was the only thing I was wearing at the time.

"You're shameless, Esan," I said, closing his eyes with my hands.

His only reply was a mocking laugh, and he took my hand, which was covering his eyes, and looked at me mischievously, "I'm shameless? Me, Samira, you don't seem to remember which of us was more shameless last night," he said teasingly.

I blushed, this morning I'd decided to look more like a tomato than a human. "If you keep this up, there won't be another night like this" I threaten him falsely.

And it worked, he gave me a frightened look and held me tightly against him. "Esan, we have to leave now, it's daylight" I reminded him as I saw him fall back asleep.

"I don't feel like it Samira, I'm fine with you at the moment, I don't want to leave our cosy cocoon" he said in a sulky voice reminding me sometimes that he was close to a five year old child, and to think that he was a father too.

"Esan, are you really enjoying this time? "I asked him.

He shook his head vigorously, "even more so because I'm standing next to you?

He shook his head again sharply, "So you're going to love it even more when these serial killers join us soon because we're taking a lot
of time to leave, it's great ! We're even going to be able to share our huge blanket with them" I said, ironically playful.

He shook his head sharply a third time, smiling, before understanding my words correctly : "WHAT...? BEURK! NOT EVEN IN A DREAM" he shouted as he got up to sit down.

I burst out laughing and he glared at me "Samira, you really like spoiling my romantic mood, we don't need to have children in the room to do it, you know how to do it on your own" he said, sulking, making me laugh even harder.

But then I saw him turn his head at me, and I got back up, approaching him on my knees. "Esan, don't pout at me, I'm sorry," I said, holding back his head.

He gave me a sidelong glance but continued to look the other way, so we're going to do this the hard way. I plant a kiss on the corner of his mouth and he immediately grabs me to kiss me before releasing me.

"Stop sulking, you know perfectly well that you're incapable of not talking to me or looking at me for more than 5 minutes", I remind him.

An amused smile broke out on his lips, "You've really got something to say this morning, it's all right, you're forgiven, Mrs Anti-Romantic" he replied, amused.