✨15✨

Pov Samira

Babhi, are you sure everything is all right with you and Bhai?" Ameera asked me suspiciously.

I nodded positively with a false smile, a new habit I had acquired. I finished giving Rizwan his bottle and put him against me to burp him.

"I mean, you've been awake for almost 2 weeks now, Bhai just keeps sending us messages from time to time, he doesn't ask about you just like you don't ask about him, I don't mind the distance, it's a good thing but I get the impression there's something else going on, like a big argument" she said, making me look down.

I'm going to end up renaming Ameera," detective "in my contacts." Bhabi, you can talk to me about it, I won't say anything, I'm like your little sister, if I can help you, I'll help you, if not, it's no big deal" she told me in a kind tone of voice

I hesitated, and ended up telling her the whole story about Esan. I was afraid that at the end of my story, she would think that I had acted badly towards her brother, but her reaction surprised me.

"Ameera, be honest, don't tell me you knew before I did", I asked her slightly angrily.

Her shifty look confirmed my doubt, decidedly, I was the last to be aware of my own problems " Babhi, I know that Bhai has acted badly but... "stop him

"Ameera, I told you because I thought I could trust you, but in the end, you too were in league with him and now you're even trying to defend him," I said coldly.

I immediately regretted it when I saw the hurt expression on her face.

"I don't intend to defend anyone, and I haven't been anyone's accomplice either, Bhabi, I've only been aware of all this since the night of your wedding, when Esan confessed it to me, he was lost, he didn't know if he deserved to have you as his wife, I was enormously disappointed by his behaviour towards you" she said sincerely.

"But... So... why didn't you tell me? "I ask her desperately

"Because after talking to him, despite what a fool he was in the past, spending time with you, he fell in love with you, if you only knew how much regret was in his eyes, just like the light that lit up his eyes every time he said your name, I know that regret doesn't make things any better, but he really loves you, he didn't intend to lie to you until the end, he just wanted to wait until you really trusted him before telling you, and on the one hand, I understand him, even if it seems cowardly," she tells me seriously.

I thought about his words, they were making their way to my brain" Please Bhabi, call him at least once to check up on him, because I know how much he's dying to hear your voice, but he won't do it until you want him to, You know how horrible it is to feel rejected and kept far away from the one you love. You're meant to be together, but I know that the injury she has done you gives you every right to make the final decision, but call him and, above all, don't tell me that you don't miss him," she said, continuing in her serious tone.

"But I don't miss him, I've got the bed all to myself! "I replied defensively, even though I was lying.

She looked at me with an amused smile" Yeah, that's why you sleep every night with one of Bhai's shirts, holding his cushions against you" she said teasingly and sarcastically.

I blushed, how did she know that?

"Nothing to be ashamed of, especially as he's your husband, I've said what I had to say," she said, laughing.

I grabbed a cushion to throw at her, but she ran off ahead of me, that girl.
As well as spying on me at night, she talked like an old lady, a funny girl.