6. 𝖣𝗈𝗇𝗄𝖾𝗒 𝖪𝗈𝗇𝗀

Y/N P.O.V.

Around dawn, we all woke up to continue our adventure heading toward Kongs Island. I was playing with my hair thinking about home. What are the others up to? Do they know that we're gone? 

"You okay, sis?" Mario asked. 

I looked back at him and nodded. 

"Yeah, I'm good," I replied. 

He nods slightly. Then, they glanced back up at me again to say, "We'll get Luigi back and then take on that guy Bowser for good. Head straight home and forget any of this ever happened." 

"Yeah," I said, as I let out a sigh. 

Toad looked at me, asking, "You seem pretty bummed out. It's not referring to your brother, is it?" 

"Not really." 

"What's up?" He asked. 

I was going to speak, but Peach announced we were at the Kong's Island doorway. When she grabbed the handle and knocked on the door, a giant gorilla burst through, letting out a roar. He was wearing a stylish white sports coat, making himself look cool.

"Wwwwhhhaaattt?" Toad whispered. 

"How are you doing?" Mario waved slightly, hiding behind my figure since this gorilla was twice his size. 

Peach dusted off her dress to say, "We are here to see the king." The gorilla growls, leaning forward, narrowing his eyes hovering over her. Peach kept her guard up, and the gorilla stood back.

"Follow me," He said, turning his heel around as I was shocked.

'A gorilla just talked. Okay...I'm not freaked out since we've met weird-like fantasy creatures.' I thought, fanning my face to prevent myself from fainting.

"That gorilla's wearing a sports coat." Said Mario.

"Really? I didn't notice." I rolled my eyes sarcastically. 

"Feel undressed." Toad chuckled.

We heard the sound of an engine roaring its engine. The song "Take on Me" played in the stereo of the vehicle the gorilla was riding on a Go-Kart. He ducked into his small pocket to flip on his shades and held the wheel, pressing a button for an extra seat just for Toad. 

"Hop in." He said, and we all got inside. Toad threw his bang in, struggling to climb in, and I reached down to place him in his seat after we took off on the railroad. 

While we were riding across the road, this place was so amazing. Other gorillas roamed around and had a busy streetway riding in their karts. The more the gorilla drifted around, we had to hold on tight to prevent ourselves from slipping out. 

He drove ahead, pressing his foot on the accelerator as he leaped off the ramp and pressed a button to summon a hang glider. We flew across and entered what seemed to be a temple with guards around and a king sitting on the thrown. He looked pretty old. 

"That...was...AWESOME!" I cheered. 

Toad boasted as we were overexcited about the ride on the way here. We silenced ourselves as the monkey guards carrying overly large hammers banged on the floor. 

"Oh, all by means, come in." said the old gorilla sitting on his thrown. 

"Who is that?" I asked. 

"Cranky Kong," Peach replied. 

We stepped forward to have a conference with Kranky Kong. 

"Great and mighty, Cranky Kong..." Peach begins to speak, but Cranky Kong cuts her off.