PROLOGUE

Six months before the Apocalypse

           Li-am came out of his car immediately he was able to find a parking spot. He could see the students his eyeing Charlotte - the name of his  Chevrolet Corvette. Li-am was happy when his parents gave him the car as a welcome gift.

               Li-am pretended to ignore the onlookers who were eyeing him up and down either out of curiosity, his looks or envy or jealousy. He had done his search about Hyosan High in America ; this school was very well know for it's wealthy aluminum and school board to which his father was part of .

                The school was definitely the definition of income inequality as both privileged and middle class students attended the institution. If there was anything his previous school taught him - a social hierarchy was established and it depended on the financial background one was born into that determined their status and position in school. It was the unspoken rule of any Rich kids privilege school and nothing could be done even if an apocalypse took place , no one was the same - they had to stick to their ' roles '(foreshadowing 😜😜😜)

                  Li-am immediately found the principal's office and as usual the man tried to butter him. Just the mere mention of his last name and it associated him with his Dad's connection to the school and his Modeling Agency and if his Dad's name didn't leave a clue then  the mere mention of  his Mom, who was a famous actress in the States , Thailand and Korea, did. It made perfect sense for the principal to recognize him seeing Li-am's Dad was not only a member of the board ,  his mother had donated to the school.

              From early on Li-am and his twin sister knew their identities and existence revolved around their parents

                    Li-am walked in the hall way trying to find classroom 2-5 his allocated class. Moving to another country was one thing - but  transferring to another school mid semester was a whole lot of crazy. But he missed twin , not that he would voice that.  Suddenly he felt someone bump into him from behind.

                   "Ouch! Watch where you are going you punk! " Li-am glared at the short girl behind him . The girl was dressed in a P.E uniform and holding various sport equipment and bag. The short girl glared at him.

                    "Hay." Li-am glared back at her , "you bumped into me short stack. If anything watch where you are going."

                   "What?" The girl made a face , "who are you calling short stack? You punk?"

                 "You."

              The girl grit her teeth , "fuck . Kids are so rude. You're a new kid and showing me attitude?"

                  Li-am snorted , "nobody can compare to you." The girl huffed and seeing her struggling , Li-am grabbed the bag from her , "C'mon where are you going?"

                       "I didn't ask for help."

                  "I didn't say I was offering. But if I do  you a favor you're bound to return it. Right?" Li-am smirked as the girl huffed her cheeks once Li-am begun walking and she followed him.

                     "I like you."  The girl said and eyed him up and down , "Are you a third generation chabeol?"

                "If you're implying if my parents are rich. Yes. Me , no. It's their money not mine."

                    The girl made a face and looked amused at him , "fuck. I have never met  such a ' honest rich kid '. who refers to their parents' money as not their own?."