24 weeks

A few weeks later Rory and Logan were in Michigan, visiting a small newspaper they were hoping to buy.

After getting a tour of the building, Rory and Logan were sitting in a conference room, looking over some documents. 

"What do you think?" Logan asked

"Honestly?" Rory asked

Logan nodded

"I think it's a miracle that this place gets a paper out every day"

"Yeah" Logan exhaled

"It has potential, though"

Just then Owen, the editor in chief of the paper walked in. "How are you doing?" He asked "do you have everything you need?"

Logan and Rory exchanged a look

"Why don't you have a seat?" Logan said and gestured for Owen to sit across from them. Once Owen was sitting, he continued "look, I'm gonna be honest with you. This place is a disaster. The fact that you get a paper out is astonishing"

"It's not you" Rory continued "it's your staff. They're sloppy and untrained"

"So you're not buying?" Owen asked

"We didn't say that" Logan said "but I wanna make sure you understand that if we do, things are gonna change around here. I won't have one of my papers running this way, it's a disaster waiting to happen"

"The changes will be drastic, and people aren't gonna like it" Rory said

"They don't have to like it" Owen said

"Ok then"

——

Later that afternoon, they were back in the office in New York. Rory was standing in front of the elevators, talking to a few people when she heard a familiar voice behind her

"Hello Rory"

Rory turned around to see Mitchum standing there

"Um...hi" Rory said, surprised to see him there

"You wouldn't know where my son is, would you?"

"8th floor. Conference room 8c" Rory said

Mitchum nodded and walked away

"I've never seen anyone make you nervous like that before" Sheila said "who was that?"

"That was my father in law" Rory said "and he does not like me"

"Why not?"

"I married his son"

——

"Logan!" Mitchum called out when he found Logan

"Dad?" Logan said surprised to see him there. He excused himself from the conversation he was having and walked over to Mitchum "What are you doing here?"

"I can't come visit my son?"

"You can...but you don't"

"You haven't been answering your mother's calls"

"And you know why"

"Logan, please. She just wants a dinner"

"Have you forgotten the last dinner?"

Flashback...

After Logan told his parents that Rory was pregnant, they insisted on having dinner with them, Honor, Josh, and Nathan.

Once they were all sitting at the table, Shira brought up Rory's pregnancy.

"So, Rory" Shira said "how far along are you?"