Jump

Jumping ahead a little, to the night before Steph and Colin's wedding. June 14th.

The gang were all sitting in Steph and Colin's apartment, after the rehearsal dinner.

"Are you ok?" Steph asked

"Yeah...just wearing heels and being 34 weeks pregnant don't go well together" Rory said

"You wear heels to work, though" Juliet said

"Not when I'm this pregnant" Rory said "speaking of which, who's watching Liam and Ellie while you're on your honeymoon?"

"My parents" Colin said

Later that night Rory and Logan were in bed. Logan has his arm around Rory's waist with his hand on her belly.

"She's kicking!" Logan said, excitedly. No matter how many times he felt the baby kick, he always got excited to feel it.

"I know" Rory chuckled

"I can't wait until she's here" Logan said "It's gonna be great"

"Do you realize how tired you're gonna be? We're gonna have a newborn and a 2 year old"

"Nicky's birthday is like 2 weeks after your due date though, so really we're gonna have a newborn and a 3 year old"

"Put it however you want, we're gonna be exhausted"

"It's worth it"

——

Around 1am, after the wedding Logan carried a sleeping Nicky into the apartment.

"Please don't wake up" Logan whispered

"Do you want me to take him?" Rory offered

"You already know that I don't" Logan said "I'll get him changed and in bed. You relax"

Rory gently kissed the top of Nicky's head, which was resting on Logan's shoulder "night bubba" she whispered

Logan put Nicky to bed and then walked into the bedroom where Rory was getting changed.

"Did he wake up?" Rory asked

"Yeah, but just for a second" Logan said

"It was a nice wedding"

"Yeah, it was" Logan agreed "I don't know what to them so long, but it was nice"

Rory and Logan finished getting ready for bed and went to sleep. Around 4am Rory was woken up by a sharp pain. She sat up and nudged Logan's shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Logan mumbled

"I don't know" Rory said with panic in her voice

Logan sat up and turned on the light "what is it? Are you ok?"

"I don't know. Something hurts" Rory said and started tearing up

"Hey, it's ok" Logan said. Internally he was freaking out but he didn't want Rory to freak out. "I'm gonna call Honor to come watch Nicky and we're gonna go to the hospital"

"Ok" Rory nodded

An hour later Rory and Logan were in the emergency room and the staff had called Dr. Williams.

"Ok, Rory I don't want you to freak out, but you are in labor" Dr. Williams said

"No!"

"I'm gonna give you something to try and stop it, but unfortunately you're gonna have to stay here until they baby's born"

"It'll be ok" Logan said and rubbed Rory's shoulder

——

2 weeks later, Rory was still in the hospital. Logan was juggling going between work, Nicky, and Rory. Nicky was spending most of his time with his various grandparents, aunts, and uncles.

One afternoon Logan was with Rory and Christopher was watching Nicky.

"Hey" Logan said when he walked into Rory's hospital room. Lee leaned down to kiss her "feeling ok?"

"Bored" Rory said

"I know"

"Is Nicky ok?" Rory asked

"He's fine. He's with your dad"

"Has my dad ever watched him before?"

"I don't think so"

A little while later Logan's phone rang.

"Hello"

"Hey, it's me" Christopher said. Logan could hear Nicky crying in the background

"Is everything ok?" Logan asked as he stepped out of the room

"Yeah, it's just been a while since my kids were this little, and I can't calm him down"

"Do you want me to come?"

"No, I got him, stay with Rory. I just...I think he's probably hungry, he wouldn't eat anything all day, but he's saying no to everything I offer him"

"Yeah, he's picky. You have our house key, it might be better if you take him home, he'll probably be more comfortable there. We have string cheese and broccoli, you can give him that, he'll probably eat it"

"Ok thanks"

"Can you text me when he's ok?"

"Of course"

"Thanks"

——

"Alright we waited as long as we can but baby is not happy, so we're gonna get her out" Dr. Williams said

"Isn't it still too early?" Rory asked

"You're 37 weeks. A little on the early side but it's considered full term and I'm confidant that she'll be fine"

"Ok" Rory took a deep breath

"Let's have a baby"