Again

Halloween, thanksgiving, and Christmas went by quickly for Rory and Logan, who were very busy between Nicky and work.

Sometime in January Logan was in the bathroom, brushing his teeth and Rory was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Hey Logan?" Rory called out

"Yeah?"

"Remember when we decided that we want 2 kids?"

Logan walked out of the bathroom and stood in the doorway, looking at Rory "you got something to tell me, Ace?"

"I'm not pregnant"

"Ok, then what?"

"I was just thinking that I don't really know when I think we should have another one" Rory said "I don't have a sibling, I don't know how far apart they should be"

"We can have another one whenever we want, but for the record, Honor's about two and a half years older than me"

Rory didn't say anything.

"If you ask me I think 2 and a half years apart was great" Logan continued "not so close that we'd have 2 babies at the same time, but not so far apart that they couldn't get along when they're a little older"

"Right" Rory nodded

"But...I'm not the one that has to go through pregnancy and birth, so really it's what you want"

"I like how close you and Honor are, and I would like to think that our kids would be close. Two and a half years apart seems really good, but it took us over a year to get pregnant the first time. If it takes that long again, Nicky would be 2 and a half before I'm even pregnant"

Logan sat down next to Rory and put his hand on her leg.

"We can try as hard as we want but in reality, you can't really plan these things"

"I know, but I'd like to think that I can at least try"

"So, what do you wanna do?"

"I think I wanna go of birth control" Rory said "and maybe not really try to get pregnant yet, but not try not to, either"

"And then start actually trying in a few months?"

Rory nodded

"Sounds like a plan"

——

A few months later Rory, Logan, Lorelai, and Nicky were sitting in the kitchen. Lorelai and Luke were going on a trip and Rory had offered to watch Paul Anka.

"So, we're leaving on Tuesday, the 9th and we'll be back on the 18th, which is Thursday. Are you sure you guys don't mind?"

"We're sure" Logan said "besides Nicky loves Paul Anka"

"I mean he calls him 'ponka' but he asks about that dog all the time" Rory chuckled

"I love when he says Ponka" Lorelai laughed

"Wait, did you say the 9th?" Rory asked

"Yeah, why?" Lorelai asked

"Today's the 6th?"

"Yeah..."

"April 6th?"

"Ace, what's going on?"

Without saying a word Rory ran upstairs.

"What was that?" Lorelai asked

"No idea" Logan said

A moment later Rory came running back down the stairs "I don't have one!"

"One what?" Logan asked

Rory gave Logan a look.

"Really?" Logan asked

"I don't know" Rory exhaled

"I'll be back soon" Logan said. He kissed Rory and the top of Nicky's head before leaving the apartment

Rory didn't look at Lorelai, she just cut up some more strawberries and put them on Nicky's tray.

"What the hell was that?" Lorelai asked

"Language" Rory reminded her 

"Rory..."

"What?"

"What just happened? You asked the date, flipped out, and then Logan left. Logan never just walks out like that. Where did he go?"

Rory took a deep breath "to get a pregnancy test" 

"You're pregnant?!"

"I don't know" Rory sighed "I went off birth control a few months ago, and I didn't realize it until just now, but my period's late"

"I didn't realize you guys were trying again"

"Well, I don't usually go around, talking about my sex life"

"Yeah, but that's because your kid is 20 months old, so your sex live is non existent"

"First of all he's 19 months, don't make him older than he is"

Lorelai chuckled

"Second of all, that's not true"

A few minutes later Logan came back and handed Rory a paper bag from the pharmacy.

"I'll be right back" Rory said

"You're gonna take it now?" Logan asked and glanced at Lorelai

"She knows. And I'm impatient" Rory said and ran upstairs

Lorelai stared at Logan

"Please don't look at me like" Logan said "It's creepy"

"Congratulations" Lorelai grinned

"Hopefully" Logan sighed

"Daddy!" Nicky cashed out and reached for Logan.

Logan walked over to Nicky and took him out of his high chair. He wiped Nicky's hands and face before setting him down.

A few minutes later Rory came downstairs. She set a box with the pregnancy test in it down on the island. 

"Now what?" Lorelai asked

Rory set her phone down next to the box. Her phone has a timer on it, counting down from 3 minutes "a repeat of the 3 most anxious minutes of my life"

"Is it weird that I'm here for this?" Lorelai asked

"Does it matter?" Rory asked "you already know as much as we do, anyway"

3 minutes later the timer went off. Rory stood there, staring at the box.

"Ace?" Logan asked and put his hand on Rory's back

"You do it" Rory said

"Ok..." Logan opened the box and pulled out the pregnancy test.

"Well?" Rory asked, impatiently

Logan put the test and the box down on the island. He put his hands on either side of her face and kissed her deeply.

"Does that mean it's positive?" Rory chuckled

"That means it's positive" Logan smiled and kissed her again

"We're gonna have another baby?" Rory started tearing up

"We are gonna have another baby"