Pregnant

"Rory..." Dr Williams smiled "The blood test and ultrasound confirm that today, October 23rd 2014, you are pregnant"

"Oh, my god!" Rory let out a breath she didn't know she'd been holding and started crying "are you serious?"

Dr. Williams nodded "congratulations"

Logan wrapped his arm around Rory and kissed her forehead. A little while later the doctor explained the risks a little more.

"The main risk with IVF is ectopic pregnancy, and we ruled that out today" Dr Williams said I know I've told you this a few times already, but your chances of miscarriage here are about 40%. That's high. Once you hit 6 weeks that drops down to 10. And at 12 weeks it's less than 1. What I recommend, especially for people who have already had a miscarriage, is not to tell anyone until 12 weeks. It's completely up to you, but in my experience having to tell people that you lost a baby just makes it harder"

Rory nodded

"I'd like to see you once a week until we can hear the heartbeat, which will be around 4 weeks. After that I'll see you every 2 weeks throughout the pregnancy. You'll also continue to take the hormone injections until around 10 weeks"

"Ok" Rory said

"Do you guys have any questions?"

Rory and Logan looked at each other

"I don't think so" Rory said

"If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call"

——

A couple of days later Rory was getting ready for work when Logan walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, putting his hands on her stomach.

"How's frosty doing?" He asked

Rory turned around in Logan's arms and he moved his hands to her waist.

"Frosty?" Rory raised an eyebrow

"You know...frosty"

"I don't get it"

"They took the eggs, right?"

"Yeah..."

"And then they fertilized and froze them...frosty"

"Logan, that's terrible!" Rory gasped

"You don't think it's funny?"

"Of course I think it's funny" Rory laughed "but it's still terrible"

——

A few weeks later, Rory and Logan were sitting in Dr Williams office. The doctor was doing Rory's ultrasound.

"Everything looks great, Rory" Dr. Williams said "you're 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant. You'll probably start to experience symptoms in the next few days, but the baby looks great"

"You hear that? Frosty's doing good" Logan said

"Frosty?" Dr. Williams asked, confused

"Nothing" Rory said "My husband's a weirdo. You can ignore him"

The doctor chuckled "are you ready?"

"For what?" Rory asked

Dr Williams moved the ultrasound wand a little bit and raised the volume on the monitor.

"Is that-?"

"Your baby's heartbeat"

——

A few days later Logan was woken up around 4am by Rory jumping out of bed and running into the bathroom.