The time when they thought Tyson was a gangster

It was a normal day, without pipes blowing up nor weird visits, until the end of the classes, that is.

Percy and Annabeth got out of the classroom a little late, but as soon they approached the exit, they found something strange.

There was a crowd by the school's gates, and no one seemed to want to leave the school, most of them seemed to be afraid.

The two of them exchanged a look.

- Delilah, what's going on? – Annabeth asks to another girl of the Decathlon team.

- There is a weird man outside. He is huge and... There is people saying that he must be part of some gang – the girl says – And he seems to be waiting for someone.

After exchanging a look, the couple make way into the crowd, going to the front.

Outside was... Tyson.

- Someone call a teacher or the police – a guy screamed on the crowd.

- WAIT! – Percy screams – I KNOW HIM! EVERYTHING IS FINE!

The scream makes everyone start to whisper between themselves and Tyson look at their way, opening a big smile with croaked teethes (that, while really friendly, terrified the mortals).

- Brother! Annabeth! – said the cyclops, getting ahead to hug them.

The two got out of the school, to meet him, and hugged him back.

The school froze.

- What are you doing here, Ty? – asked Percy – You didn't said that you were coming...

- There isn't much happening on the forges nor on the battalion – said Tyson – I came see my brother and Annabeth.

This confused the mortals. Forges? Battalion?

After all, was that man a gangster, a blacksmith, or a soldier?

And why was he calling Percy his brother?

- We are really happy to see you too, Tyson – smiled Annabeth.

- Yeah, big guy, we missed you – says Percy – It's been to long since you last visited.

- I was making a new clock to you and one for Annabeth – he said, handing them two little boxes.

- Thanks, Ty – says Annabeth, given him a kiss on his cheek, being echoed by Percy.

- I put your history on them – said the cyclops – But I didn't put anything about that place.

The mortals got even more confused.

How would be possible to put the story of two people on a clock?

- It must be a code – mutters a girl – Percy and Annabeth must be part of a mafia, remember? And this guy is weird.

- What is happening here? – came Paul's voice, opening way into the crowd.

The trio on the outside, quickly noticed his presence.

- Paul, Tyson came to visit! – said Percy, happily, at the same time that the man is engulfed in a bear hug by the cyclops.

- I... I noticed – says the English teacher, traying to breath.

When released, he says:

- Why don't we go home? Tyson, you are welcome, and Sally will be happy to see you, besides, there you can talk more openly then here.

Paul was talking, of course, about the mythologic world, but the students thought it was something confidential about the crime organization that they believed Percy and Annabeth (and Tyson) were part off.

Apparently oblivious to the mortals thoughts, the four of them leave.

Finally the students had courage to leave school, each off them talking with their friends and discussing theories about the mafia and what the code "clock" could mean.

And why the scary man called Percy his brother, when he hadn't being mentioned by the older siblings of the boy.

The conclusion they came up with was that the man was some protégée of Percy's dad, but wasn't really related by blood (despite being part of the family) and that he must have been busy the last time (they were right about that).

The mortals of Goode had already realized that nothing could be normal when it was about Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase.