The time when Percy is followed by fishes

Things got clam for a while, that is, until a field trip was announced to New York Aquarium.

Percy has a terrible history with field trips. You know, blowing the school bus with a cannon, pressing the wrong lever, and giving the class a bath (this one had happened on this vary same Aquarium) and almost being killed by a teacher.

You know how it is.

Percy was already used to this and, after the war against Gaea, the monsters started to avoid him (now he questioned if it wasn't something to do with the ascension, Grover had said that his smell was changing), so he wasn't worried about them.

No, what he was afraid of was the fishes and sea creatures following him everywhere, calling for him, as they would always do. Don't get him wrong, he loves talking to them, but this time he wouldn't be able to do so, since his class would be around.

- Relax, Percy – said Annabeth when they sit on the bus, even if she was also worried (especially inside of a bus, they had terrible experiences with buses too, like almost being killed by assassins grandmas)

But, arriving to the Aquarium, their last hope of a normal field trip went away when they saw the guide.

Hermes.

Why had it had to be Hermes?

He was with a young appearance and, as soon as he saw the couple, his face opened in a smile, and he said:

- Percy! It's being a while, little cousin! Annabeth! How are you?

- Hermes – said Percy, listening to his classmates whispering about him being the guide's cousin – What are you doing here? You don't even work here!

This makes the other students whisper even more.

- Well, the family knows your history with field trip, and with the ascension coming closer, no one wanted to risk, so a pulled some strings and here I am. Specially to keep you out of trouble.

With "pulled some strings" he meant, of course, that he manipulate the mist, but his classmates (and teacher) thought it had something to do with the Mafia that they insisted Percy and Annabeth were part of.

- And, of course, delivery some package, that is my job – the god kept talking – Annabeth, your mom created, with Hephaestus help, a gift for you and Poseidon sent you something to you too, Percy – his eyes shined with the last one – I will deliver everything at the end of the visit.

And with that Hermes started to give instructions for the visit.

- This won't be good – mutters Annabeth.

And she was right.

She and Percy already knew the Aquarium and most of it workers, since they visited it often, and Hermes presence was being covered by the mist, but every time some worker started to realize that something wasn't right, their eyes soon became misty, Percy knew it was necessary, but he didn't liked so he stared Hermes and the water on the aquariums would shake a little.

Speaking of the aquariums. The mortals noticed that, it didn't matter which tank they were seeing, all the fishes, sharks, dolphins, octopus, squids, anyway, all the sea live of the place would follow wherever he was.

And some of them could swear that Percy talked with some, with a really low voice, and had given them names.

Percy, of course, couldn't ignore the animals, that would call him "little prince" and ask how he was. Especially the ones that he had become friends with time, like Bruce, the white shark, Gunter, the dolphin, Bella, the squid, and Teddy, the octopus.

And, obviously, Hermes would laugh every time they went to a new aquarium and the fishes surrounded Percy saying:

- Sike father, like son – and then after some tome seeing the confused look on the mortals face, he explained – His father also is always flowed by aquatic creatures, we joke that they are half fish.

Percy and Annabeth facepalmed and Percy sent a prayer to the god:

"Please, don't say anything else"

Hermes laughed at that.

At the end of the visit, the demigods were just happy that the day was over and that they hadn't exploded anything.

That is, until Hermes handed Annabeth a package saying, in Greek:

- Your mom said it is an... upgrade to your cap. Just put one over the other and they will fuse. When you use it, the appearance can be chosen between the two of them and you also can choose if you turn invisible or not. It will also improve your abilities that will come with the accension.

- Percy – the god handed him a package and said in English – Your dad sent you this and said it is for when you are ready.

They open their packages (after sign that they received and greet George and Martha).

Inside of Annabeth's package was a beautiful diadem, the let all the mortals mesmerized. Inside of Percy's package was a little box and, when he opened it, he saw a pair of wedding rings.

The fountain (that didn't had any animals inside) exploded. In middle of the following chaos, Percy blushed, out the little box on his pocket and muttered to Annabeth:

- Wedding rings.

This made her blush too.

- Well, this is my cue – said Hermes, looking between the fountain and Percy – See you later.

With that he disappeared. Letting the two demigods to deal with the mortals that were trying to explain how the fountain had exploded.

The answer they found was that the pipe had a defect.

Fortunately, Percy was not blamed for it.