The time when Poseidon plans a wedding

It didn't take long for Poseidon and Athena (that was still sulking) the find the gym where the P.E. class was being given.

With out hesitation, the sea god opened the door and walk in the court, being quickly followed by his niece.

Everybody's attention turned to the newcomers, and the teacher was about to protest against their presence there, when Percy exclaimed "Dad!" at the same time that Annabeth said "Mother!", both leaving the exercise and heading closer to the gods.

- Annabeth – Athena greets her daughter with a nod.

Poseidon, however, hugs Percy tightly, saying:

- How are you kiddo? I know that you don't like what was destined for you, but I can't say that I'm sad. Just that I will be with you for every step.

Percy felt his eyes burn with unshed tears, but held them back and sank into his father's embrace.

After some time, Poseidon released him, turned to Annabeth and, surprising the demigod and her mother, also hugged her saying:

- How is my favorite daughter-in-law going?

(Author note: Guys, I searched, and the internet said that the term "daughter in law can be used even if they are not married. In Portuguese it's the same term being married or just dating, so correct me if I'm wrong)

Annabeth is too shocked to say anything, but Percy smiles to the scene. He knew that his girlfriend reminded his father of Pallas, that was triton's daughter, but that died on an accident while sparring with Athena.

- What do you think you are doing? – asks Athena, wrathful, taking her uncle away from her daughter.

- Hugging my daughter-in-law. Isn't it obvious? – he asks smiling – After the news that we received yesterday, I can openly support their dating and plan the wedding in peace. And start construction their wedding gift next to my house, without my brother throwing a fit.

The couple blushes. Poseidon (and Aphrodite) had already talked with them (to many times) about them getting married. And Poseidon had already suggested that he would give them a château (a French castle) on the beach as a wedding gift, mas it seams like that the news about their ascension changed the plans to a subaquatic château on Poseidon's kingdom.

They didn't care about the wedding plans, since they had talked about it and was something that they both wanted and saw on their future (but they tried dissuading Poseidon on building them a beach house, but then he involved Aphrodite and the house turned into a château). Athena, however, turned red with anger.

- And what, for Chaos sake, are you saying? Wedding? What wedding?

- Their wedding, of course – Poseidon answered as if he was talking to a small child – Everything is already arranged with my sister that loves weddings and marriages, and Dite have a portfolio with the best options for everything, D agreed to help planning the party and Pollo select the best wedding songs. Annabeth and Percy only have to choose what they like best and done! We already have everything solved.

The couple was stunned. They had already told Both Poseidon and Aphrodite that they would only get married after college, when they had stable jobs (not they would be able to follow this plan anymore, now that they would ascend) and they had no idea that they had already planned everything.

Likewise, the mortals watched the scene with wide eyes. Percy and Annabeth were only 17 and there it was Percy's dad planning, in detail, their wedding. It would look like an arranged marriage if Annabeth's mother didn't looked so pissed.

- And don't you think I should have been warned? I'm her mother! – growls Athena.

- I talked with Annabeth and with Percy about this, and they agreed that marriage was on their future plans. I just helped to accelerate the preparations and they will marry when they are ready. The times have changed. The young people don't need to ask for their parents' permission to get married with who they love. – affirms the sea god seriously – If you really care about tradition, I spoke with her dad, that, beside the past, now days really act as a real dad, while you acts as if you were her boss, not her mother.

- How dare you...? – growls Athena, and turns to her daughter – Won't you say anything?

- Mother. I love Percy. I can't imagine my future with anyone else. He fell into that place for me. And I was only there because of you, by the way. I will marry him, in a few years, of course. Our plan was to get married right after college, but now with the ascension it can not take that long. And I'm fine with it. – replayed Annabeth, then turned to Percy (that was smiling like a fool) and pulled him in for a movie kiss.

When they parted, both of them were blushing. Poseidon smiled ear to ear and seemed ready to launch fireworks, Athena seemed defeated , but wasn't finished with her protests.

- But... A house next to his?

- I don't care. Percy took me there once and it's wonderful. Besides, lord P... - she interrupt herself when Poseidon clears his throat – my father-in-law is the only one on the council that didn't asked me to change the projects to his office. The only thing he asked, even before the final project get ready, was so that there was a space there with mentions of his wife, Triton, Kym, Rhodes, Bethy, Percy, and Tyson. And he is right. You do act more like my boss than like my mom.

Athena was red with anger, while Poseidon gave a side smile. It was then that Percy decided to change subjects before his mother-in-law had a fit and killed everyone that were at the school.

He cleared his throat, attracting the attention, and asked:

- Changing subjects completely, did you come here for a specific reason?

Annabeth sighs, relieved for the distraction.

- Actually, it's about your ascension – says Athena, forcing herself to calm down and act with dignity. She wasn't against Percy anymore, but it didn't pleased her that Poseidon had planned her daughter wedding, and where they would live, without telling her. – My father ordered us to take you for an emergency meeting of the council to discuss about this.

- A meeting that we are going to be late if we don't leave now – adds Poseidon. And so, he turned to the teacher – I believe that it won't be a problem if we release them earlier? We are their parents, after all.

The teacher just wanted to give up on live. He was the swimming team's coach, and had heard about when Annabeth's mother had came to take her away earlier from the decathlon team's practice. It seems that the members of this community that the couple belonged had no respect for school hours. But they were their parents, and as such they had the right to release them earlier from school, so the teacher agreed.

As soon as they received the teacher's agreement, the gods guided the demigods out of the gym.

The mortals still spent some time processing what they had witnessed, but believed that the community they were part of was really traditional about weddings and marriage proposals, but that some of them were accepting that the times were changing, while others not so much .

At the end of the day, all the school knew about the fight that happened on the gym, and that Percy and Annabeth were engaged, even if unofficially.