The time when the school goes camping

After having the "confirmation" of the mafia story, the students of the school and the majority of the employees started to treat Percy and Annabeth with extreme caution.

The couple hated it and insisted to be treated like before.

Not that it worked very well, but at least the swimming team and the Decathlon team still treated them normally.

With the end of the school year approaching and the climate warming , the school organized, to the senior year students, a weekend camp.

The place chosen was a common place for school camps, without dangerous wild animals, but still with some wild live. It was a clearing in the middle of a grove.

Percy and Annabeth were confident that nothing would happen. It was just a camp. The only ones that could found them there would be Artemis and her hunters and they didn't have a motive to show up to them.

Right?

Wrong.

Nothing happened on Friday or Saturday during the day, but when the students sit around the campfire, telling scary stories (that didn't impressed neither Percy nor Annabeth, they have gone thru real things way worse) and relaxing, two figures come out from the middle of the woods.

One of them should be around 12-year-old, red hair on a ponytail, austere face and really pretty. The other had short and cropped hair, using a "death to Barbie" T-shirt and a silver tiara.

No one noticed their presence, until the apparently younger one said:

- Perseus Jackson. Annabeth Chase.

Everyone get scared. Some of the mortals let out little screams, after all they were telling horror stories with ghosts showing up out of nowhere.

Percy and Annabeth got up immediately.

- Lady Artemis – the two of them made a little bow with their head before turning to Thalia

- Hey, Thalia – said Percy, at the same time that Annabeth hugged their friend.

- Hey Percy, hey Annie – said the huntress, hugging her friend back.

The mortals observed the scene astonished without making a sound. What two girls were doing alone on the woods at that hour and how they knew Percy and Annabeth?

- Did Reyna talked to you? – asked Percy, curious.

- She did – Thalia said excited – She is going to do the sisterhood's oath tomorrow. It took a while because of all the bureaucracy that she had to take care of on Camp Jupiter.

- That is great! – answerd Annabeth, with a smile, before saying to Lady Artemis – I believe that you didn't come here to talk about Reyna, Lady Artemis. Dis something happened?

Artemis, that observed the reunion of her lieutenant with her friends with her friends with a half-smile on her face, turned serious and said:

- I wanted to talk to Perseus about Anaklusmos – and then add in Greek – and the immortal essence of my Zoe that is one it.

Percy made a face, but nodded:

- I will not be able to use it after the ascension, will I? – and then in Greek – It wouldn't be adequate to put my essence on it when Zoe already done it.

The goddess solemnly agrees, but her face softens, and she says in Greek:

- There could be a way to transfer Zoe's essence to another of her personal objects – she changes to English – I know the connection between a warrior and their weapon. But it's not guaranteed that it will work.

- So... Maybe I will be able to maintain Anaklusmus? – asked Percy with hope.

- It isn't guaranteed, but it my work – says the goddess – Ask Bianca's brother to get in touch with his dad, only him will be able to help and say if it is possible.

Percy agrees to talk to Nico and Artemis says goodbye, going back to the middle of the woods.

- I will see you soon, guys – says Thalia, before saying in Greek – I'm happy that I will not have to say goodbye to you.

- We love you too, Thals – answers Annabeth, laughing.

Percy agrees, Thalia is like a sister to him, after all.

The huntress smile, says goodbyes, and went back to the middle of the woods.

It took a while to calm down the mortals and convince them that they were camping in another clearing on the grove, and that they spent so much time on tis grove that they would not get lost.

And that, for the teacher's relive, there was some responsible adult with them. He didn't need to know that the responsible adult is a Greek goddess with the body of a 12-year-old.