chapter 2

2 days after spiderflights, death has passed.

Mousepaw distended herself from everyone, but her mentor bonefur hasn't given up on her yet.

The good thing was that the gathering was today, and Lionstar was going to confront ThunderClan about the death of spiderflight.

"What's with all the problems?"

Raccoonkit was a mouse brain to not know what the problem was

"The problem is ThunderClan killed spiderflight."

Raccoonkit looked at darkkit with a confused look.

"But hawkclaw was the reason spiderflight died. Not all of ThunderClan is bad."

Darkkit was upset that Raccoonkit was defending ThunderClan.

"You're a mouse brain to not be mad at ThunderClan. Mousepaw would have been happy now."

darkkit wondered if his father was right.

"You know what, father's right, Mousepaw should get over it."

Raccoonkit looked at darkkit with horror and anger in his eyes.

"Darkkit, you're beginning to sound like father. Wouldn't you want us to grieve for you?."

Darkkit stood up and left.

"Maybe it's best if we don't grieve at all."

Raccoonkit watched as darkkit left.

"Also, tell applekit he's the leader now it sounds better for me if I don't play silly games."

In just a few moments, Cloudfur was arguing with blackpelt.

"WHY WOULD YOU ENCOURAGE THIS BEHAVIOR?!"

Raccoonkit told Cloudfur how darkkit said he wouldn't grieve for anyone. Now Cloudfur was mad at blackpelt.

"HE WOULD BE THE BEST WARRIOR EVER IF HE DIDN'T GRIEVE FOR ANYONE."

Cloudfur was furious, but she kept all three of her kits away from blackpelt,

"See what you started, darkkit?" Bettlekit's mew was stern.

"How was it my fault?"

Mossclan wasn't a game anymore it was more like a clan that started trouble.

"If only you didn't say anything about Father being correct."

Darkkit was enraged. " FINE SINCE YOU DOUBT FATHER THEN WE'LL NEVER TALK TO EACHOTHER ANYMORE."

Cloudfur was quiet for a second, but she unsheathed her claws and scratched blackpelt across his nose.

"SEE WHAT YOU ENCOURAGE?! I BARELY RECOGNIZE MY OWN KIT."

Poppywing led Cloudfur and her kits away from blackpelt while Chippedclaw led him to the medicine den to check the scratch.

"Cloudfur, what were you thinking?!"

Cloudfur looked at Poppywing with emotionless eyes

"I'm thinking it's best if my kits don't communicate with their monster of the father."

"I want Shrewleaf, bonefur, Vineflight, and mousepaw to attend the gathering."

Firepaw was upset about the gathering, but she asked mousepaw if she could tell her what happened.

When everyone left, the kits all went out for a quick game of hide and seek.

"Darkkit, why don't you go play with the other kits?"