Chapter 11

Darkpaw climbed the twoleg fence and fell into the clearing. He sniffed around before seeing the cat mint. He grabbed some but spotted a silver tabby kittypet looking at him.

"You could've asked for some." The kittypet was slim instead of plump like most kittypet's "your from ShadowClan? Here I have some feverfew."

Darkpaw looked at the kittypet in shock. She knew some of the herbs. The kittypet came back with some feverfew. "It's not the same, but it'll help."

Darkpaw looked at the kittypet and called Raccoonpaw. Darkpaw looked to see Raccoonpaw climbing the fence. "What is it, Darkpaw?"

Raccoonpaw stopped and looked at the kittypet. "Why are you talking to her?!" Raccoonpaw immediately became hostile. Darkpaw looked at kittypet, who seemed unfazed.

"Look, you need the feverfew. Just take it, and by the looks of it, your littermate looks like he barely survived greencough." Darkpaw looked at Raccoonpaw as he grabbed the feverfew.

"Thanks...." Raccoonpaw looked upset as he padded back to the fence. Darkpaw looked back at the silver tabby and followed Raccoonpaw.

Beetlepaw looked at them both before padding back to camp. "What took you guys so long?" Beetlepaw was concerned for her brother's.

"A kittypet helped us get herbs." Raccoonpaw's mew was filled with embarrassment. Beetlepaw nodded and continued. Darkpaw felt happiness to see Raccoonpaw embarrassed.

It was funny. Darkpaw saw the camp entrance and entered to see maplenose pacing around Lionstar's den. Darkpaw ran to maplenose with Raccoonpaw close behind him.

"Stay away! Lionstar has greencough." Darkpaw flinched and looked at maplenose as her gaze softened. "Sorry, I'm just so tired. There's no cat mint, and my mentor isn't here to help me."

Darkpaw looked at maplenose with sympathy before showing the cat mint. Maplenose looked shocked but took the cat mint before going into Lionstar's den.

Darkpaw looked at Raccoonpaw, who still has the feverfew. "I think you're supposed to put that into her den." Raccoonpaw looked at darkpaw, then went to put the feverfew away.

Darkpaw walked towards Frostpaw and saw him dozing off. "Hey, Frostpaw, is woodpaw or applepaw around?" Frostpaw looked up from his paws.

"Woodpaw is out hunting, and Applepaw is showing off to Firefoot." If course Applepaw was mooning over Firefoot. He's been interested in her ever since he laid eyes on her.

Frostpaw went back to dozing off. Darkpaw went to the apprentice den to sleep before Woodpaw came dashing in. What was she so excited about?

"Hey, Darkpaw!" Woodpaw was extremely happy today. "Why are you so happy?" Darkpaw was curious. "Well, I met the ThunderClan medicine apprentice, and he is so nice."

Darkpaw gaped his mouth in confusion. The ThunderClan medicine cat didn't have an apprentice! "But the medicine cat doesn't have an apprentice?"

Woodpaw looked at darkpaw with humor in her eyes. "Well, his name is owlpaw, and he switched from being a warrior to the path of a medicine cat."

Darkpaw looked at woodpaw with eyes filled with accusations. "Sounds like you became friends with that ThunderClan mouseheart."

Woodpaw looked at darkpaw with anger. "He isn't a mouseheart he just believes starclan has plans for him." Darkpaw looked at woodpaw.

"Every ThunderClan cat thinks their special, so stay away from him!" Darkpaw felt fury. "Well, if I'm not allowed to talk to owlpaw, then you should probably stay away from that she cat."

Darkpaw looked at woodpaw with fear. "Yeah, I can smell her scent on you, and you always look moony after you come back to camp."

Darkpaw growled at woodpaw before unsheatheing his claws. "I'm not moony over some ThunderClan apprentice!" Woodpaw scoffed and stalked away.

"Maybe you are, but you just seem like the great ShadowClan warrior that doesn't break the warrior code." Darkpaw sheathed his claws and went to his nest.

He sighed and then closed his eyes to see he's back in the dark forest. Deerpaw was sitting nearby grooming his fur. "Oh hey darkpaw."

Darkpaw didn't see daydream or bloodstream around anywhere. Perfect time to ask about bloodstream. "Hey deerpaw, you were here longer than me. Can you tell me what's the deal is with Bloodstream?"

Deerpaw stopped grooming his fur and looked at darkpaw with nervousness gleaming in his amber eyes. "Well, since they aren't here, follow me."

Darkpaw followed Deerpaw before they both sat down next to a tree. "You see Darkpaw before bloodstream died. She was known as ripplestorm."

Darkpaw looked at Deerpaw paying attention. "Ripplestorm was born a moon after her father died, and his name was Rippleheart. Riverclan wanted her to be just like her father. So they forced his name upon her despite her mother wanting to call her shimmerkit."

Darkpaw was confused. "When she became a warrior, everyone wanted her to become deputy. But she wanted to settle down and have kits. So the reedstar the leader then made her have an apprentice despite just becoming a warrior."

"So Ripplestorm in revenge refused to be accepted as her father's replacement. When she refused, reedstar sent her to banishment. So, in return, Ripplestorm waited by the river for reedstar to come by before killing him."

"So as reedstar's blood went down the stream, Ripplestorm became bloodstream." Darkpaw sat in shock. Bloodstream had everything handed to her. But she refused.

"I see why Bloodstream is grumpy all the time now." Deerpaw nodded and looked at darkpaw. "She lost faith in starclan when they failed to help her, but she knew she had to keep believing them in order to show starclan her fury."

Darkpaw flicked his ear and looked around. "Where are they anyways?" Deerpaw drooped his tail. "Daydream was here but left, and Bloodstream is planning."

Darkpaw looked at Deerpaw with wide eyes. "Planning what." Deerpaw licked his chest fur. "She is planning to pick one of us to decide which one of us she can use to help her get revenge on riverclan."

Darkpaw nodded. "Well, I better get back before someone finds out." Deerpaw nodded. Darkpaw awoke once again to see the apprentices are all asleep.

Now awake, Darkpaw snuck out of camp for a walk. However, on his walk, his paws led him to the ThunderClan border. Darkpaw sat by the ThunderClan border before spotting a familiar silver apprentice.