Chapter 14

Morningstar leaped onto the pinebranch to explain to her clanmates why Deerpaw was there.

"Cats of ShadowClan ThunderClan has banished thus apprentice due to some accusations, so we will take care of him until ThunderClan understands their mistakes."

Some of the ShadowClan cats looked at Deerpaw with uncertainty, but Morningstar continued.

"Deerpaw shall share training with the other apprentices and will share a den with the apprentices."

Darkpaw looked at Frostpaw, woodpaw, and Applepaw to see they were excited to share a den with an apprentice from another clan.

Deerpaw curled his tail across his paws as Morningstar finished. Darkpaw led Deerpaw to the den.

"Here, have some of my moss. I'll ask maplenose for more later." Deerpaw looked at darkpaw with thanks as he curled into his makeshift nest

Darkpaw left the den to see the other apprentices whispering in a tight circle. He then went to the entrance of the camp and felt the breeze hit him.

He saw a Reed next to his shadow and saw yarrow behind the shadow and Reed. Confused, since Yarrow and Reeds don't grow here, he saw the breeze pushing the yarrow piece.

The Reed, however, stopped it, and the yarrow hid in Darkpaw's shadow. Darkpaw felt suspicion crawl along his spine.

He turned to see blackpelt staring at him with leafy green eyes. "So you see it too." Darkpaw was confused and scared.

Blackpelt circled Darkpaw. "You have until sunrise tomorrow to finish this. I'll tell Morningstar your out hunting. Darkpaw was surprised blackpelt was gonna help him.

Darkpaw nodded and went to the apprentices den to wake Deerpaw. He quickly smelled the yarrow on Deerpaw and nudged him with his paw.

Deerpaw woke up and began to lick his chest fur as darkpaw tried to explain. "So we're going to riverclan for a cat that starclan didn't say the name of?"

Darkpaw nodded as he and Deerpaw padded away from the camp. "Well, maybe it's someone you know." Darkpaw tried to think until something in deerpaw's pelt caught his eye.

"A feather?" Deerpaw looked at his fur to see it. "Robinfeather!" Deerpaw looked at darkpaw with surprise. "Who?"

Darkpaw signaled with his tail for Deerpaw to follow him as he made his way to the riverclan border. Deerpaw followed close by.

They found the border recognizing the fishy scent and went onto riverclan's territory. Darkpaw sniffed around until he scented a stronger riverclan, Scent.

Figuring this is the camp, he quickly slipped in to see he was in the medicine den. Darkpaw saw the medicine cat Obsidianface sleeping peacefully.

Darkpaw led Deerpaw with his tail as he exited the riverclan medicine den. They sniffed around until they found what they hoped was the warrior's den.

They looked around and saw robinfeather sleeping. They needed a way to wake him up without alerting riverclan. Darkpaw watched as Deerpaw used his tail on robinfeather's nose.

Robinfeather let out a sneeze before opening his eyes to see the two apprentices. Darkpaw ran out the warrior's den with Deerpaw close by as robinfeather ran after them.

Quickly, Deerpaw turned to face robinfeather as he scratched robinfeather across the nose. Darkpaw went to deerpaw's aid and stood beside him to fight.

Robinfeather slashed deerpaw's shoulder as darkpaw attacked with his claws stretched out. Robinfeather dodged, then used his tail to signal the fight would stop.

"Look, leave our territory, and I'll make sure you leave with no scratches." Robinfeather slit his eyes as he looked at Deerpaw as he licked his wounds.

Darkpaw spoke in a quiet mew. "Look, I had a vision, and it said to get a cat from each clan."  Robinfeather stared at darkpaw with accusation.

"And why are you coming to me?" Darkpaw looked at Deerpaw before speaking."I figured it meant cats I knew as it showed me a feather."

Robinfeather stood in silence before walking to windclan's border. "Fine, let's go before the sun rises, and dawn patrol gets out."

Darkpaw and Deerpaw both nodded and then followed Robinfeather. "So what's the point of this?" Darkpaw looked at Robinfeather then spoke.

"I think it's to show that ShadowClan and riverclan are not exactly evil and can protect ThunderClan against a clan that it shown to be weak."

Robinfeather looked suspiciously at darkpaw but continued walking. "It's sad to show we are the bad guys often, but ThunderClan it the best clan."

Darkpaw nodded at Robinfeather's response and looked over to see Deerpaw looking at his paws with shame.

Robinfeather walked in silence before speaking. "It's ok Deerpaw every clan has a unique thing about them. Your clan is just shown to be the hero every time."

Deerpaw sighed before he continued walking. They made it to the windclan border but couldn't smell any cat scent. "I'm sure it was windclan."

Robinfeather stared at darkpaw with suspicion. "You better not be pulling my tail kit."

Darkpaw opened his mouth to retort back at Robinfeather but heard the screech of Deerpaw and saw stoneheart digging his claws into Deerpaw's stomach.

Robinfeather launched himself at the grey tom and bit his hind leg. Darkpaw stood beside deerpaw as his fur bristled to make himself seem bigger.

Stoneheart had Robinfeather's tail in his jaws as ripped off some fur. Darkpaw tore stoneheart off Robinfeather as he defended the other cats.

"Why are you working with those two traitors?" Stoneheart was hissing at Robinfeather. The riverclan deputy was confused and growled back an answer.

"We had to stop you from hurting this ThunderClan kit." Deerpaw frowned at Robinfeather but still had his tail curled around him.

Stoneheart snarled before snapping. "That ShadowClan cat will destroy every clan while that pathetic excuse of a ThunderClan apprentice will help him."

Robinfeather stood between the two toms with his tail lashing. "You have no right to call this apprentice pathetic when you're hardly an apprentice yourself. "

Stoneheart had his claws unsheathed. "Those cats will destroy all the clans. Don't say I didn't warn you." Stoneheart then padded off, leaving the three behind.

"We should go before the sun rises." Darkpaw said in a raspy mew. The other two nodded and said their goodbyes before going to their territory.

Darkpaw padded back to camp in silence. Stoneheart's words still ring in his ears. What did he mean that he would destroy all the clans?"