Chapter 10: If I made you smile like no one ever did, stay with me

"Good morning," Jungkook said from his seat when he noticed Taehyung climbing down the stairs dressed up in his slacks and a white button-up as he carried the blazer over his forearm.

Jungkook was sitting over the dining table chair wearing an oversized grey t-shirt and shorts that can barely be seen. A book was placed over his exposed thighs.

"Good morning. Erm, did Jimin try to contact you?" That was the first thing Taehyung asked as he stood at the edge of the dining place while shoving his one hand into the slacks of his pocket.

"Yes, he did," Jungkook said in an unbothered, casual tone as he closed the book and picked up his coffee mug. Taehyung stiffened and his heart did a painful twist out of fear as he slightly widened his eyes.

"What did he say?" The CEO asked, a slight panic present in his tone.

The corner of Jungkook's mouth slightly tilted upward as he let out a scoff. "Nothing about you so I don't think you should be concerned about it," he said and looked at Taehyung in boredom.

The CEO rolled his eyes and grumbled out an 'of course' under his breath. He was panicking for nothing.

"Sit here," Jungkook said while motioning the chair in front of him with his hand.

"Uh, no. I need to go—"

"I said sit here. It wasn't a request, Kim." Jungkook let out in a demanding voice. His face was void of emotions and tone rich.

Taehyung pursed his lips and let out a sigh of defeat as he stepped into the dining room that is situated in a little higher position than the living room and sat over the chair Jungkook pointed at.

Jungkook smiled in satisfaction and lightly patted the back of Taehyung's hand that is placed over the dining table before saying, "Good boy,"

He stood up from his chair after taking the book from his lap and carrying it with him.

"Are you always that demanding?" Taehyung asked as he watched the younger walking to the living room and placed the book over the coffee table before returning.

"From the day my dad released me inside my mom. I have raced with millions of my siblings just to make it to my mom's uterus. Had to be a little demanding," Jungkook answered as he walked into the kitchen. He watched as Taehyung covered his eyes with a hand and broke into a pit of soft chuckles. His shoulders slightly tremble as he laughs.

"You're funny," Taehyung said between his chuckles.

"You said the same thing when you were drunk," Jungkook said as he admired the older man's smile from the kitchen counter as he bent down and supported his weight over his forearms.

"You remember that night?" Taehyung asked as his chuckles disappeared and he looked up at Jungkook with a questionable gaze.

'Stupid cunt,' Jungkook cursed at himself in his mind. "I remember some of the parts. Maybe I wasn't that drunk when we reached my house," He reasoned in a monotonous tone and turned around towards the stove, "Tea or coffee?" He asked to change the topic.

"Tea," Taehyung replied. Not deciding to question any further. Not that he has anything else to say. It doesn't matter anymore.

After a small pause, Taehyung decided to break the silence, "Are you an only child?" He asked.

"I'm guessing you're asking that because of how demanding I am but the answer is yes," Jungkook replied while his back was facing Taehyung as he proceeded to make Tea for the said guy.

Taehyung chuckled again and shook his head in disbelief. Jungkook seems to have an answer for everything in a ridiculously funny way and he doesn't even try to act like it.