Chapter 38: If you've turned him into a petal I'll turn him into a thorn

A knock resonated in the silent room coming along with a 'come in'. The front door shortly opened after the consent, walking in Jackson in his black suit and a white shirt underneath along with a neutral collared tie beneath. A file in his hand.

"Good Morning, Mr. Jeon." Jackson greeted his boss who was swinging left to right in his chair with one leg placed over the other one, a file placed over his lap as his eyes peered down at the cleanly typed phrases printed over the white paper, studying for the next case that he was being hired for.

"Morning." Jungkook greeted back but didn't bother to look up. Jackson sighed as his shoulder slowly slump down seeing his boss's cold essence. These days Jungkook has become extremely off and oddly quiet. Yeah, he was always being a rude and short-tempered person but he was never this quiet. He was always loud and boisterous. Sometimes a fun person to hang out with too.

But he was never this silent.

He doesn't even yell at Jackson anymore for the smallest mistake he does, instead, his one bizarre cold glare is enough for Jackson to apologize right then and there while bowing his head in shame. Jungkook was scary, but now he's even scarier when he precisely gives his assistant a demise glare in silence instead of yelling.

"If I want a dummy I could buy one, I don't pay you to play a role of that shit," Jungkook uttered calmly, too calm for Jackson's liking while sliding the page to the side to reveal the next one. He implied that because Jackson was standing there holding the file in his hand like a freaking mannequin without uttering a single word.

Jackson slightly flinched at the tone and the choice of words coming from his boss, he cleared his throat awkwardly and took a few steps forward to place the Ipad over the desk before Jungkook and unlocked the device to reveal the specific email that Jungkook needed to see.

"You have an invitation from the Kims, sir," Jackson announced, straightening his posture after abandoning the Ipad over the wooden surface and stepping back to stand at a reasonable distance from the attorney.

Jungkook's ears perked up at the mention of the Kims and he looks up to peer at Jackson with furrowed brows. "Kims? Kim Taehyung?" He asked.

"You're right." The brunet confirmed.

"For what?" He asked.

"On 29th, it's the 10th anniversary of Kim Innovation arch and Mr. Kim Taehyung wants you there to attend the ceremony," Jackson explained more, watching how Jungkook was listening to him attentively, his face masked in slight awe. It seems like he didn't really foresee the news. But then the latter sighed before nodding his head, turning his attention towards the file again.

"Anything else?" The attorney asked.

"Also on 30th, it's Mr. Kim's birthday so he has decided he'll throw both the ceremony in a grand way in a luxury resort at Jeju Island. Every businessman to a few celebrities and Mr. Kim and his close ones are staying there in the resort for two days so we have a flight to Jeju Island on 28th. Mr. Kim especially invited you to his private jet along with his family and friends." The assistant explained further the things that came along with the email. Jungkook yet again didn't utter anything, he just nodded his head silently.

Jackson shifted on his spot awkwardly before gulping the remaining saliva down his throat and slowly said, "Uhm, so are you going, sir?" He asked while eying Jungkook's side profile carefully. "So that I could inform Mr. Kim." He added after.

"What about my schedule?" The blonde asked instead.

"Oh, that's not a big deal at all. I can clear that for you." Jackson replied assuringly.