Chapter 29: My father is my strength & vulnerability too

The sun slowly goes down the horizon as the different shades of orange and red gradients float around, showing off how beautiful and magnificent mother nature can get. Birds were flying back to their destination, home.

The street lamps were lighting up one after one as the darkness breaks down over Seoul city. The busy streets slowly slowed down as everyone was leaving work after a hectic day and returning home to have a well-deserved warm meal and rest after.

And soon, silence erupted around the whole city, not thoroughly. Only the faint noises of the birds and distance horns were the only sources of sound that linger around the air.

But still, it was peaceful.

Jimin was only in his white button-up, the edge not even being tucked inside his waistband like usual. He took slow steps towards his and his husband's bedroom, stopping by the doorstep, watching his husband packing his stuff while his back was facing the smaller male.

The silver head leans against the door frame weakly as he looks at Taehyung's back profile with droopy, tired eyes.

"Where are you going?" Jimin asked. Taehyung froze for a second at the familiar voice before he turn his head slightly to the right, glancing at the smaller male with his peripheral vision before he returns his focus to the suitcase.

"To a business trip," Taehyung answered shortly, well lied. There was prominent apathy lingering through his voice as he speaks to the older, a voice he never used on him before.

"To where?" Jimin asked when the older went silent, not willing to speak further.

Taehyung straightens his posture and turns sideways, glancing at Jimin with the same coldness lingering through his eyes. "I don't understand why you suddenly care," the younger replied before walking around the bed and stopping before the nightstand, pulling one of the drawers out as he began to search for anything that he infers is important.

"I get it you're currently seeing someone but I'm still your husband. I think I deserve to know where you're going in case something happens to you." Jimin explained, voice almost audible, he seems tired and weak as his careful eyes examined his husband who was roaming around the room. Going from this corner to another corner in search of important equipment.

"Why do I feel like you want something to happen to me?" Taehyung deadpans, emphasizing the word 'want' causing Jimin to whine internally.

"Taehyung," He let out in disbelief, drowsy eyes staring at the younger's taller figure with a hint of hurt.

"I don't think you deserve to know since you never thought it was important for you to inform me why you're avoiding coming home," Taehyung asserted as he zips up the suitcase after putting everything inside and turns around to look at Jimin "Nor did you ever felt the urge to tell me where you've been staying the last few nights."

His tone was cold, Jimin can tell and even though his gaze was somewhat similar to his tone, he can still spot some unreadable emotions through them. Unreadable, he wants to slap and curse himself because he never really learned to read the younger.

Hell, he never tried to.

"At least tell me how many days you are out for?" Jimin tried again, but to his expectation, the younger again turned him down.

"Did you even ever confide me how long are you going to stay outside? No. Then why should I?" Taehyung was now basically using the older's actions and deeds against him. He was humiliating the older by reflecting on his own actions. He wants Jimin to experience the same thing he has gone through.

He wants his husband to realize how cruel and unfair he was and is to him.

He wants him to realize behind Taehyung's this attitude towards him recently, it's not his fault but Jimin's only. That he would've treated the older male with a much better demeanor and gratitude if only he wasn't an ass to his husband.