III

PRINCESS ROSHANNE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

By the second day the celebration of the King's return was still in full swing, people both of noble status and low have gathered, it was once in a lifetime experience that the king bestowed to his subjects and people, a moment to linger and mingle with everyone.

The great hall was full of people, there were music, entertainments, food and laughter, the king had hired circus performer to do tricks and shows in his castle. Exotic animals were brought to showcase and so some dragons who had just hatched from their eggs to be bid to the lower lords. Laughter could be heard all around the palace, yet a small figure stood out amongst them. She looks so out place, she was looking around with wide eye all the while remaining glued to the corner, no lady nor lord of both status dare venture close to her again, nor strike a conversation, her dress which was too revealing had earned her a glare and disgusting look from some people and lustrous remarks from some. She stood like a sore thumb, so out of place, especially with her hair so red and bright you'll mistake it for a torch light, some of the people had already given her a nickname. They were calling her the Bronze princess, or the Bronze cunt, some Loves to call her the red headed wench, or the blood witch.

"This is such a grand celebration your highness."Her attention was drawn back to the ladies that she is with. The wives of the high lords and some of her father's concubines had gathered with her in corner, with cups of wine and plates of cakes.

"Yes, the king made me plan of this ahead of time." She told them before taking a sip of her wine, t'was true, the king made her plan of this celebration, back then she ridiculed him for being so sure that he would return from the war alive, but it turns out he did return from the war... Though at the cost of a son.

"Really? It seems that the King had some premonition." Lady Maud spoke to her before taking a bite of her cake, lady Maud is a fat woman in her forties, she eats a lot and because of her weight she had a difficulty of standing and even walking, she also could not lay properly down the bed for her weight has made breathing hard for her, she's married to a lord in the Highfields, it is the Kingdom's number one exporter of foods. She dislikes lady Maud not because of her appearance, but because of her attitude, she's like a leech that's trying her best to get close to her by sending her gifts, she's overly bearing... And sensitive, she's rash to take action when people pointed her rather displeasing look, she also eats like a pig. She's messy and it made her lips curl.

"The king is no dreamer nor seer, he's just a man with confidence." Lady Clementine stated, she's one of the king's concubine, she looks displeased and in a foul mood since yesterday, the news of the arrival of the new girl had ire her. Lady Clementine doesn't like competition, she's a lithe woman, daughter of a lord from the neighboring kingdom, her hair is a color of sky blue, she came from the isle of Dragons, south of their kingdom, she has a lighter complexion than the new girl and has silver eyes... She had freckles on her small face, she was the king's favorite, well at least she used to be... And she revels in the attention that he showers on her, but now that a new girl has arrived, the king had barely cast her a glance. Earlier that day the king stick with the princess side, refusing to leave her alone, but when his council men invited him to their table he was forced to let her go.

"I agree on that. Who would thought that after hundred of years he would be the one to conquer the west." Roshanne hummed, there is no hundred years of trying to conquer the unconquered land, her ancestors simply does not see the worth of conquering a land that they could not benefit from, the west is a waste land filled with sands and dunes. Nothing more. But her father loves to believe that there is something more in that waste land.